CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SOC Tier 1 Analyst in Rockville, Maryland
SOC Tier 1 Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
SOC Tier 1 Analyst
Category: Cyber Security
City: Rockville, Maryland, US United States
Position ID: J0621-1395
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is searching for SOC Tier 1 Analysts to support a client contract in Rockville, MD. Tier 1 Analysts shall have demonstrated professional experience in network or UNIX/Linux system administration, software engineering, software development, and/or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Monitor and analyze network traffic and alerts.
• Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits.
• Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident.
• Conduct proactive threat research.
• Perform Tier I initial incident triage.
• Document all activities during an incident and providing leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the incident.
• Create a final incident report detailing the events of the incident
• Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications and warning information to US government agencies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Candidate should have 1-3 years of experience in the following areas:
• Experience working with various security methodologies and processes
• Knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) protocols
• Knowledge of email security, network monitoring, and incident response
• Experience providing analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices
• Knowledge and experience configuring a diverse array of technical security solutions
- Due to the nature of the contract, US citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain an agency specific clearance
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.