CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Cyber Security Analyst in Rockville, Maryland
Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Category: Cyber Security
City: Rockville, Maryland, US United States
Position ID: J0421-1047
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for a Senior Cyber Security Analyst with deep technical expertise, experience in SOC Operations, and client relationship management to support a federal client in Rockville MD. If out of state, candidate must be willing to travel within 24 hours notice to client site as needed. This role requires a technical, hands-on approach, a broad depth of knowledge, and the capacity to share knowledge across the team. The CSA will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the SOC and is expected to maintain a smooth and efficient Security Operations Center. Lastly, you will have the opportunity to connect with our clients and management to identify new opportunities and grow the business. This is a mission-critical opportunity to lead and display your technical mastery in the SOC.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Settle and classify the severity of alerts and assess potential impacts.
• Report and investigate potential security incidents.
• Provide recommendations to clients for containment and eradication of threats.
• Maintain Intrusion Detection/Prevention signatures.
• Update security operations processes and procedures.
• Assist in IT security investigations, exercises and tests.
• Research, consultation with colleagues and training to maintain awareness of trends in new security threats, technologies and regulations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years concentrated in the field of cyber security operations and incident response.
• Experience working with or supporting the Federal Government (preferably in a Federal SOC environment)
• Able to meet eligibility requirements for government security investigations
• Experienced Level Knowledge of at least 5 of the following security tool categories: EIM, Network IDS/IDP, Endpoint A/V & EDR
• Ability to analyze log files, packets and other security tool records for a diverse variety of systems.
• Understanding of how Virtualization, Operating Systems, Middle Ware, Software Development Engineering and Network protocols function.
• Familiarity of reverse engineering techniques, understanding of behavior, capabilities of malware, rootkits.
• Broad understanding of security technologies, processes and strategies and Federal security controls and guidelines such as FIPS and NIST
• Knowledge of security policy and technical standard development, secure infrastructure design reviews, multi-tiered trust zone structures, and sophisticated networking through multiple level network security structures
• Proven analytic and problem-solving abilities
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with the capability to lead while working alongside the team
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication and client-facing skills
• One of the listed certifications: CISSP (preferred), CISM ,PMP, CEH, Security+,
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
• Ability to deliver under pressure and prioritize and multi-task effectively
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays in the event of an incident response emergency
• Due to the nature of the contract, US citizenship is required. Must be able to acquire and maintain an agency-specific clearance
• 5+ Years of experience in the Federal Contracting Environment
• Knowledge and experience using NIST 800-61 Incident Response Framework.
• Programming or scripting experience.
• Server and/or application administration experience.
Nice to have:
• Email Protection, IR Workflow & Automation, Vulnerability Assessment & Pen Testing
• Threat Intelligence, Network & Malware Analysis, Web Proxy and DLP
*If out of state, candidate must be willing to travel to Rockville, MD client site within 24 hours notice as needed. Travel will be reimbursed.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84,000-$200,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Cyber Security Consulting
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.