CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Rockville, Maryland
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Rockville, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0619-2272
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI, an IT services and consulting firm, is seeking a talented Business Analyst to join our team supporting Enterprise Content Management (ECM) application operations & maintenance (O&M), and modernization. Responsibilities for this role include providing end-user support and training to our customers, working with our customers to gather business requirements and translating those business requirements into application functional and technical requirements. Create detailed development tickets, and track requirements through the development process, documenting and communicating to developers what those system requirements should be, and support the testing related activities throughout the full life cycle of projects. The successful candidate will have the ability to quickly learn ECM systems and application functionality through functional design specifications and work in a team environment with both functional business analysts and technical analysts/developers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide end-user support to our customers
• Support, or lead, meetings with our internal teams and/or clients, document meeting outcomes, action items, and take meeting minutes for our team
• Develop training materials and provide training to customers
• Gather and document requirements for the customers
• Analyze results against functional design and expected results
• Develop test scripts and execute them
• Record defects and coordinate resolution with development team, functional leads, and/or Project Managers
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-5 years of related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Experience creating test scripts and running system tests, documenting test results
• Effective in team setting or as individual contributor
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities / multiple deliverables
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Due to the nature of the contract, US citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain an agency specific clearance
Experienced with and/or interested in learning:
• User Support for all the ECM tools and products (ex. IBM Filenet, Alfresco, Nuxeo, Box, etc.)
• End User Training on ECM tools and products
• User Guides and Performing Manual Testing
Desired Knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies:
• At least 1 or 2 years of hands-on experience with training / user support / testing
• Proficient in the agile development lifecycle framework and understanding of agile best practices
• Aptitude for trouble-shooting and problem-solving
• Strong understanding of software development principles
• Experience interacting with clients
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.