CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. UX Designer in Richmond, Virginia
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Richmond, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is currently seeking a UX (user experience) designer to join our team in Richmond, VA. The UX Designer will work closely with our lead developer and graphic artists to measure and optimize applications to improve ease of use and create the best user experience. The UX designer will also be responsible for conducting user tests to observe behavior both in-person and by using UX toolsets and metrics. Following testing, the UX designer will refine and tweak apps, software and websites to create a digital experience that the users will like and find easy to use.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Leading and facilitating research-driven workshops and co-leading requirements gathering with client business analysts and team architects
• Synthesizing understanding into user stories, high-level requirements, user journeys, interaction models or process/user workflow diagrams
• Communicating scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs with internal team members as well as client
• Translates business and functional requirements into wireframes and interactive prototypes using prototyping tools (such as Axure RP 8)
• Curate collaborative component library with Front End Development Lead(s), develop best practices and/or style guide to share with design and development team as new projects begin.
• Have in-depth knowledge of the Section 508 law and WCAG 2.0 Level A / AA technical standards/checklists; and know how to apply to the design and application
• Use available online tools, such as screen readers to determine accessibility conformance of generated application markup
• Conducting user testing of applications, software and websites as needed
• Heuristic evaluation of existing application(s) for general experience efficacy
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
•4+ years Digital User Experience Design, Web, or Mobile Application Design
• Solid grasp of web application and mobile development concepts and can speak at a technical level with team developers and architects
• Ability to interpret and meet WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA accessibility standards (related to Section 508 refresh), and provide oversight for Accessibility planning and execution
• Portfolio of sample projects highlighting design for web based applications, mobile applications & consumer facing web sites and/or applications
• An understanding of the latest design and technology trends, best practices and competitive activity
• Strong sense of graphic design, font design, layout, color, and style, and also have a deep appreciation for simple, sleek, usable interfaces.
• Ability to work well with ambiguity and create options for design when requirements are still in flux
• Proven experience showing clear understanding of the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals
• Ability to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
• Must be an champion for user-centered design
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Multimedia Design, Digital Design, Communication Design, Interaction Design, HCI/Human Factors, Industrial Design, or related
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
User Interface Design
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.