CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Agile Automation Tester in Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Agile Automation Tester
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Richmond, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Senior Agile Automation Software Tester to participate in the testing of the business software applications. Testing will include system, integration, performance, regression and support of User Validation.
The Tester will participate in test preparation and execution activities across all phases of the software development life cycle.
This includes requirements definition, analysis and design, and construction. Tester will take a lead role in test preparation, execution and defect management.
They will mentor less experienced testers, bring software testing best practices and knowledge to the team, and identify areas of improvement in test preparation and execution disciplines.
As a Senior Software Tester, the ideal candidate brings proven experience in working on multiple, complex and varying concurrent technology projects independently.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
Test Preparation and Execution
• Develops test plans for medium-sized to large/complex systems development and maintenance projects
• Creates test coverage matrix and test cases/plans; update requirements traceability
• Designs and develops reusable and maintainable test cases and scripts
• Coordinates with other entities (business owners, environment leads, project managers, solution architects, development lead, release manager, etc.) in order to successfully prepare for tests
• Creates test acceptance criteria
• Creates testing scripts to ensure software and other components are operating as designed and per the functional requirements
• Conducts and participates as a senior member in testing script reviews
• Creates test data and expected results
• Ensures testing data is protected per Client security policies
• Coordinates testing with external entities as necessary
• Works with Business Systems Owners to create acceptance criteria that ensures the software is functioning per the designs and requirements
• Executes test plans, records and reviews test results
• Reviews test results for accuracy and completeness
• Ability to meet tight deadlines while meeting quality requirements
• Experience with test automation
• Experience with TFS tool for test preparation, execution and defect management
• Classifies, prioritizes and coordinates remediation of defects
• Identifies patterns of incidents and defects
• Records incidents timely
• Records incidents completely and in a way that can be recreated
• Assists developers in reproducing problems and getting them resolved
• Provides guidance and support for entire test team in writing accurate and complete defect descriptions
• Experience working with TFS
• Leads defect triage calls for work streams
• Works on multiple, complex and varying concurrent technology projects independently
• Acts as a project lead, planning the work of other testing staff and assigning tasks to meet project deadlines
Uses strong testing skills to provide guidance and instruct, monitor and assist project staff
Reviews and approves the work of project team members in the writing of scripts, expected results, test results and defect descriptions.
• Communicates testing progress
• Ensures testing activities stay on schedule
• Assist and advise project managers with creation and execution of software test plans
• Coordinates and provides senior level testing guidance to analysts, developers, and business users
• Works in partnership with the Development teams to deliver business functionality on time with required quality that meets the acceptance criteria.
• Possesses and applies advanced knowledge of quality assurance principles, best practices and procedures to the completion of complex software testing assignments
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Additional Required Skills
• Must be an excellent communicator and be able to produce clear and concise documentation at the detail and summary level
• Must be an independent worker and be able to prioritize own work activities with minimal guidance and coaching
• Experience in Agile methodology and Version One
• Experience with SoapUI Pro, Selenium and Performance test tools, scripting and execution strategy
• Must meet deadlines
Education and/or Experience
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in computer science or closely related field and 6 or more years of experience.
Preferred experience includes 6 years of System Development Life-Cycle experience working with large, complex systems and four years’ experience working on Agile Scrum teams.
Test Case / Script Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.