CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SQL Server Datawarehouse Developer in Richmond, Virginia
SQL Server Datawarehouse Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
SQL Server Datawarehouse Developer
Category: Digital Customer Experience
City: Richmond, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J1121-1544
Employment Type: Full Time
Do you have an aptitude for data? Do you embrace technology? Are you comfortable with bringing order to chaos? Do you thrive on solving data centric problems? CGI is seeking a Data Warehouse Developer to join the Data Services organization supporting our Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions. We are the hub for data innovation and offer an excellent environment that promotes innovative thinking that challenges the status quo. As a member of this team you will work closely with our accounting, actuarial, finance, underwriting product line leaders, and technology teams to turn insight into a viable business product or capability.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Follows direction set by the ETL Development Lead when developing ETL solutions.
• Works with Systems Analysts in designing, testing and implementing ETL solutions.
• Works as part of a larger development team that includes other internal and external ETL developers.
• Responsible for the development, testing and maintenance of ETL solutions.
• Participates in unit testing and data quality efforts within assigned data domain.
• Creates and maintains appropriate documentation.
• Must be able to trouble–shoot and identify root cause of production issues.
• Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of legacy systems, Atlas systems, data structures/usage and primary systems interfaces based on appropriately written system specifications.
SQL Server Experience:
• Complex Queries
• Stored Procedure
SQL Server in Azure
Spark / PySpark
REST API Design and development
JIRA Task Management Tool
• Notebooks development
• Delta Tables processing
• Logic Apps
• Function Apps
• Resource Management
Agile Delivery Framework
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong knowledge of SQL coding, data interrogation and analysis
• Must have experience in REST API development and implementation
• Demonstrated knowledge around cloud computing (Azure/AWS)
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) a plus
• Experience with Continuous Integration Continuous Development (CICD) a plus
• Good communication skills (verbal/written).
• Proven ability to deliver results.
• Good organizational skills.
• Demonstrated development skills.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with internal and external partners.
• Proven experience with Agile and Waterfall SDLC methodologies.
• Excellent systems requirement documentation skills.
• Proven ability to deliver results.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Must have college degree in Computer Science, Information Technology.
• 7-10 years of relevant general Information Technology experience required or experience in the Insurance Industry.
• Proven/demonstrated experience and knowledge in Data Management, Data Movement and software development.
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
•Insurance industry experience with a Property & Casualty insurance carrier
•Degree in a Computer Science, Mathematics or Information Systems (or degree in unrelated field of study offset with professional experience in reporting data, and analytics)
•Experience working with Qlik reporting products
•Familiarity with Microsoft’s Azure Cloud Services
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $52K - $105K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
•Competitive base salaries
•Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
•401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
•Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
•Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
•Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.