CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Azure SQL DBA in Richmond, Virginia
Azure SQL DBA
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Azure SQL DBA
Category: Database Administration
City: Richmond, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0821-2979
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a senior Azure SQL DBA experienced in migration of on-premise SQL Server clusters to Microsoft Azure SQL targets. This opportunity is local to Richmond, VA. Preference is for candidates who are with in commutable distance to that location.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
● Manage daily DB Administration activities and installation and configuration of SQL servers
● Migrate existing SQL Server instances to Azure SQL or provision a new Azure SQL database.
● Set up and managing SQL replication
● Install, configure, and manage SQL clusters
● Backup and restore Azure SQL databases.
● Configure and monitor log shipping/Mirroring/AlwaysOn/Clustering
● Monitor and optimize the performance of Azure cloud database’
● Automate common management tasks using PowerShell.
● Database High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
● SQL Server 2016 HA database upgrades, patches, service packs and hotfixes
● Install and monitor Azure managed SQL instances
● Manage change control process
● Managing and testing backup/recovery policies in the cloud and on prem
● Manage database support issues
● Maintain policies/procedures for ensuring the security of the databases
● Implement and maintain data models
● Resolve database issues
● Implementation and maintenance of Azure Architecture and troubleshooting
● Install, configure, test, maintain and monitor the general health of database servers
● Azure DB modernization - Azure Cosmos Db or any other cloud NoSQL DB - Nice to have
● Oracle to SQL migration
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
● Microsoft SQL experience on Azure, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Factory and data warehousing background
● Application migration to cloud experience is required
● Supporting/implementing SQL 2016 HA experience
● Microsoft development tools, Power BI and SQL database experience
● Knowledge of Azure, DMA, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
● Experience in SQL 2012/2016/2019 development and administration
● In-depth understanding of SQL architecture
● Experience with replication topologies and components
● Expert knowledge in SQL clustering and availability groups
● Good experience implementing operational automation through SQL tools and PowerShell
● Good experience with cloud migration tasks (Azure)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field
MS SQL Server
MS Azure SQL DB
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.