CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Documentation Specialist (Prod Incident Comms) in Reston, Virginia
Technical Documentation Specialist (Prod Incident Comms)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Technical Documentation Specialist (Prod Incident Comms)
Category: Project Management
City: Reston, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0521-1382
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI has an immediate need for a Technical Document Specialist to join our financial services team in Reston, VA OR Sterling, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Primary job function is to support the Incident Management process for business impacting production incidents across all business portfolios. Provide incident communications to business and technology stakeholder to inform them of the incident, impact and progress towards resolution. Provide communication guidance and training to team members. Support MyServices, StatusHub and dashboarding activities related to production incident volumes and trending as well as other organizational efforts.
Due to the sporadic nature of production incidents, especially those requiring business communications, job function also entails planning, managing, and executing varied software development or AWS/Cloud/Digital Transformation projects. Gather information at front end to determine project parameters, specifications and budget. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners. Ideal candidate will be able to communicate clearly with technical teams, answer process and technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and assist with overcoming roadblocks to align stakeholders and advise on project status.
Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Communications, Journalism or Public Relations equivalent required
ITIL certification preferred
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Create Management and Executive level communications related to technology incidents.
• Create Management and Executive level alerts, reports and dashboards related to technology incidents.
• Train existing staff on communication best practices and standards.
• Develop communication and training materials, as well as organizing, facilitating, and conducting training via webinars, as needed.
• Partner with support partners, business leads and management teams to develop a consistent message related to incidents.
• Create, review/proofread content and format communications appropriately for an audience of business senior management and stakeholders.
• Meet with application owners, application developers and analysts, coding staff and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for target application.
• Plan course of projects, including milestones, resource demand and capacity, budget, and use of technology and tools; document in project plan, following established project management or agile methodology.
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
• Highly dependable worker with flexibility to accommodate adhoc tasks and requests
• Exceptional and proven written and verbal communication
• Expertise in proper English grammar, spelling, punctuation
• Business understanding of mortgage industry terms
• Understanding of technology terms and concepts
• Ability to interpret complex issues with technical verbiage and terms and communicate in easily understandable terms
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills and ability to work under very aggressive deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects at any given time
• Ability to work quickly under pressure and manage tight deadlines
• Expert proficiency in Microsoft products
• Proficiency in ServiceNow and Business Objects
• Strong leadership qualities
• Ability to directly communicate with senior leaders while under pressure
• Ability to create and analyze processes for efficiency
• 6+ years of related experience
• Mortgage industry experience highly preferred
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.