CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior SecDevOps Engineer in Reston, Virginia
Senior SecDevOps Engineer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Senior SecDevOps Engineer
Category: Project Management
City: Reston, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0120-0725
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
As members of the SAFe Agile team, the SecDevOps Engineers work closely with development, test, analysis and product owners to understand the requirements that drive the design of quality technical solutions. The function of the DevOps team is to champion the collaboration and communication between development, test, and IT operations in order to establish a culture where building, testing, and releasing software happens rapidly and frequently with minimal re-work, that is process improvement driven and utilizes metrics to increase efficiency.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
o Support development and system operational support teams of AWS systems at the application, access, database, and monitoring level:
o Designing schema, access patterns, and locking strategies
o Modifying the database structure
o Proactive and reactive performance tuning
o Archiving data
o Generating ad hoc reports by querying the database
o Maintaining system security
o Controlling user access to the database
o Parameter configuration and tuning
o Job scheduling
o Alerting and Troubleshooting
• Master a multitude of open source platforms and cloud technologies (AWS RDS for PostgreSQL, AWS RDS Management Console, AWS CLI, OpenSCAP, Jenkins, GitHub, Splunk, Liquibase, etc.)
• Effectively collaborate and coordinate with Agile team, reaching across functional silos to achieve objectives
• Develop and enhance Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Deployment and automated infrastructure provisioning DevOps fixtures including build processes, and generating SQL scripts.
• Perform database documentation as needed.
• Troubleshoot build failures, environment issues and technical blockers with Agile team members
• Provide communication to Agile team members to manage expectations and schedule coordination
• Demonstrate DevOps concepts to customers and team members
• All other duties as assigned or directed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years experience
• Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
• Bachelors in a technical field.
• Senior Skill Level
• Five or more years' of combined experience in engineering lifecycle software solutions.
• Experience maintaining and enhancing infrastructure as code with technologies including but not limited to cloud formation, terraform, puppet, codedeploy.
• Five or more years' experience in Python, R, Ruby, and other scripting languages
• Experience developing and maintaining complex systems that involved integrating COTS, GOTS, and Open Source components.
• Three or more years' experience maintaining Sponsor's enterprise operation systems.
• Experience using knowledge management and code repositories including but not limited to Github, Gitlab, Jira, and Confluence
• Demonstrated leadership qualities through prior experience working with senior management to find solutions for customers and leading teams performing IT software development.
• Experience performing software development for Government programs of similar scope and complexity.
Desired Qualifications :
• Masters degree
• One or more Cloud certifications such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified DevOps Engineer, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer
• Three or more years' experience in maintaining infrastructure in a cloud environment support of data science activities, including but not limited to Anaconda, Databricks, Tableau.
• Ability to write or refactor software code to facilitate deploying applications to standalone compute resources, and the Sponsor's commercial cloud environment.
• Familiarity with the Sponsor's security accreditation process.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.