CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior BI Architect in Reston, Virginia
Senior BI Architect
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Reston, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI has an immediate need for a Senior BI Architect to join our financial services team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design and Build scalable and maintainable BI infrastructure architecture for integration with all components in enterprise data ecosystem, monitoring, code-migrations, resiliency and contingency/failover to meet business objectives.
• Maintain accurate and complete technical architecture documents
• Define BI standards, guidelines and best practices for business and technical groups
• Build automations for platform upgrades, code migrations, CI/CD integrations, PAM integrations, regression testing and document processes
• Perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities for BI tools (Issue management)
• Build BI platforms for internal and external that comply with FM security and authentication standards, in collaboration with enterprise architecture, info and app security teams and other governance bodies.
• Assess BI tools capabilities and functionalities for BI tools’ rationalization
• Plan, Manage and Report on Performance, Concurrency and Capacity Management tasks and associated KPIs, make recommendations to improve performance and capacity on BI platforms
• Integrate BI platforms with SOX compliance tools, as required by FM governance team
• Maintain, support, and enhance the business intelligence data backend, including data warehouses.
• Map configurations and complex data architectures, ensuring documentation meets current and forecasted needs.
• Collaborate and work with end users to ensure that data and reports meet their business needs.
• Lead and provide technical guidance for design and implementation of data storage and governance systems.
• Design and monitor end-user reporting tools and systems, ensuring reports are accurate and up-to-date
• Design solutioning for BI mobile and integrate with MDM/MAM (e.g. Good Dynamics, AirWatch)
• Represent BI Platform in FM internal tech and business forums to provide expert guidance to BI user community
• Collaborate with platform administrators, developers and analysts for successful development of BI reporting and analytical solutions and provide technical training to junior team members and end user customers
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8-10 years experience
• Understanding of physical/virtual infrastructure (Compute, Network, Storage), clustering, OS, DevOps, Agile, ITSM Workflows etc., RDBMS
• Proven experience in building containerization packages of BI products for deployment anywhere any number of times (e.g. on-prem vs. AWS)
• Proven experience working with governance, security, access management for both internal and external access of platform/application
• Experience with administering BO, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Alteryx, Thoughtspot is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.