CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SDET II (JAVA, Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium) in Reston, Virginia
SDET II (JAVA, Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
SDET II (JAVA, Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium)
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Reston, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0921-2829
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a SDET II (JAVA, Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium) to join our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations. Due to the current COVID-19 status, candidates will not be required to work within the physical work location at this time. When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, they will be required to be located within the proximity of the assigned CGI location.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Do you have a strong attention to detail and a passion for testing? Are you interested in joining a fast-paced, innovating team that is breaking new ground? If so, apply today for our SDET II (JAVA, Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium) role! In this project, you will act as a key participant in application analysis, test strategy development, test execution, defect tracking, and reporting.
Looking for an SDET II (JAVA, Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium) with solid java development experience with extensive background in building test suites using Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium. Experience in building test suites for testing E2E microservices in AWS environment is highly desired.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Facilitates the design and development of automated test methodologies, collaborating with engineering and product teams to implement shift left techniques on test design and automation.
• Writes actionable, testable product requirements in the form of user stories based on input from product development team
• Leverages leadership and coding expertise to leads product development team in the development and maintenance of test tools and frameworks to validate unit, integration and functional tests of the system.
• Support test engineering efforts to implement enterprise frameworks to enhance overall testing capabilities.
• Test plan & Test data prep
• Test cases mapped to JIRA stories for traceability
• Test automation (Selenium, Cucumber in BDD style)
• Manual testing (where Test Automation is NOT a feasible option Ex. Exploratory Testing, Integration testing with complex test conditions)
• Understanding of Different types of testing, SIT, UAT,
• Ability to help write Gurkin formatted writeup
• Platform Testing mindset
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3+ Years of related experience.
• Solid knowledge of Java: Concepts, Code, Advanced.
• Solid knowledge of Testing Tools : Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium
• Knowledge of DevOps : CI/CD, Jenkins, Git, Bit Bucket.
• Knowledge of Test Automation Design Patterns & Frameworks.
• Test Automation Mindset.
• Sound Team communication
• Presentation skills for Demos
• Experience with platform testing
• Hands on experience implementing test automation for enterprise applications built on microservices in AWS environment
• Experience with AWS (ECS, Elastic Beanstalk)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.