CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Full Stack Developer in Reston, Virginia
Full Stack Developer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Full Stack Developer
City: Reston, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0120-0831
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a Full Stack Developer (AWS) to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic top five global consulting organization that gives you a direct stake in its success? CGI is seeking a Full Stack Java Developer that will work on AWS, backend, client side scripting, and UI work.
The best candidate for this role will have experience working with an unlimited level of technical ambiguity in an effort to solve defined business problems. This position would suit a dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic software developer with a proven track record not only in delivering quality applications, but also in providing excellent customer service.
Join a fast paced Agile team developing Microservices built on Spring Boot and Restful API. Looking for Full Stack Java Developers.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Advanced proficiency in coding in Java 8, Spring Boot, Angular technologies as well as unit testing/Mockito experience
• Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
• Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
• Participate in all agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Help improve code quality by implementing recommended best practices
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 4 to 6 years of experience of development using Java and J2EE
• 2+ years’ experience Spring Boot, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Integration and Spring Security
• Proficiency in java8
• Familiarity with AWS components like EC2, S3, Lambda/Step Functions etc.
• Experience with implementing integration solutions with RESTful Web Services
• Proficiency in unit testing/Mockito
• Hands-On experience with Database development and tools with SQL
• Experience in CSS, HTML and SQL/databases, XML and JSON
• Experience in testing automation using Selenium, Cucumber, and JUnit
• Experience with build tools like Maven/Gradle
• Knowledge and experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins.
• Excellent problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
• Passionate about learning new things along with good work ethics
• Scripting experience using bash, shell or python
• Experience with JMS, React, Backbone
• Experience with code quality tools like Sonarqube
Java Enterprise Editions JEE
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.