AWS Data Engineer/Big Data Developer
AWS Data Engineer/Big Data Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Virginia, Reston
Alternate Location(s): United States, South Carolina, Columbia
United States, Texas, Plano
Position ID: J0124-0894
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - Culture, flexibility and purpose
CGI has an immediate need for an AWS/Big Data Developer to join our financial services team. This position is located in our Fairfax, VA or Dallas, TX offices with work performed at client site in Reston, VA or Plano, TX; however, a hybrid working model is acceptable. This is a thrilling opportunity to contribute to a fast-paced team environment that supports a key player in the secondary mortgage industry. Embrace innovation as you work collaboratively in an agile setting, leveraging cutting-edge technologies.
• Partner with 15 of the top 20 global banks, with our top 10 banking clients collaborating with us for an average of 26 years!
• Join a global community of over 73,000 CGI Members across 40 countries, serving over 5,000 loyal Clients with our end-to-end services worldwide.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design and drive the execution of ongoing projects, focusing on migrating on-premises applications to the dynamic AWS Cloud.
• Collaborate with the Architecture team to architect and implement robust Big & Fast Data Infrastructure on the AWS cloud.
• Provide guidance to other teams in designing, developing, and deploying data sets and tools that align with product use cases.
• Support DevOps and other PROD support teams in ensuring seamless operations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Over 6 years of hands-on experience in Python, SQL, and PySpark development.
• Demonstrated expertise with AWS, including EC2, S3, Glue, Batch, ECS Fargate, Dynamo DB, EMR, RDS, ELB, Lambda, SNS, SQS, Redshift, Cloud Front, and CloudWatch.
• Significant experience with Big Data Technologies such as Spark, Hive, and Hadoop.
• Proven track record in building RESTful Web Services.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills, complemented by strong verbal and written communication abilities.
• Capability to work independently and as an integral part of a collaborative team.
• Preferred certification as an AWS Developer/Solutions Architect.
• Proficiency in Unix Scripting, with strong experience in Java or C++ considered a valuable asset.
• Bonus points for AI/Machine Learning experience.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent educational background.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $59,700.00 - $146,900.00.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other lifestyle benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
CGI anticipates accepting applications for this position through February 27, 2024.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.