Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Remote
Alternate Location(s): United States, Texas, Belton
United States, South Carolina, Columbia
United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
Position ID: J0823-0413
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer to join our financial services team in Belton, TX, Lafayette, LA or Columbia, SC. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Automating, building, deploying, managing, and releasing of code from one environment to other environment and tightly maintaining Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment, and configuration management in multiple environments like (DEV/TEST/PROD).
• Build and Deployments for testing environments like development to staging and production.
• Create Docker Images and running Docker Containers.
• Creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 8+ years of relevant experience in DevOps
• Hands on experience in AWS
• Experience in Containers & Docker/Kubernetes
• Experience in Jenkins, SVN, Git, Maven, Gradle, Nexus, UCD, and UCR or similar
• Experience in Urban Code Deploy/Release, XL Deploy/Release
• Experience in AWS platform using CloudFormation, OpsWorks,
• Skills with APM and Infrastructure and configuration scripting
• Unix, Python, Groovy/Go Scripting experiences
• Experience in Terraform/Ansible and Cloud Formation Template
• Experience in Jenkins and UCD for continuous-integration and End-to-End automation for all build and deployments on on-prem and AWS environments.
• Experience on Amazon Webservices (AWS), Creating EC2 Instances and configuring all services.
• Solid experienced in Linux/Unix. Must be comfortable writing Unix shell scripts and autosys jobs.
• Extensive experience in Version Control System GIT. Experience on Branching, Merging, and Tagging concepts in GIT and GitHub.
• Extensive experience using MAVEN as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war, ear) from raw source code.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field
AWS Certification desired
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $75,600.00 - $165,300.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.