Software Architect – AI/ML - Remote
Software Architect – AI/ML - Remote
Main location: United States, Remote
Position ID: J0124-0788
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - What we do matters
CGI is one of the largest global IT companies, spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,500 members.
CGI Federal is hiring a Director of Software Architecture experienced in architecting and developing Artificial Intelligence solutions with expertise in Machine learning and statistical analysis who enjoys working in fast-paced, collaborative environment. As we continue to expand our data-driven initiatives, we are seeking a talented and experienced Data Science and Machine Learning Architect to join the team. This person will work with product managers, subject matter experts and development teams to create software designs, scope technical initiatives and epics, evaluate new technologies, and develop architecture frameworks and complex product features in support of program priorities. The ideal candidate will have experience in software architecture and development of enterprise solutions leveraging industry leading platforms and technologies. This “hands-on" position requires solid technical and exceptional interpersonal skills.
This position can be located remotely anywhere in the U.S
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a full time member of the Product Architecture Group, the Software Architect serves as a subject matter expert in AI and data analytics technical domain to support large scale system modernization. The role also involves providing expertise in one or more additional areas of the architecture to support product roadmap: Application, Technology, Security and DevSecOps
• Design and lead the implementation of robust and scalable data science and machine learning architecture integrated into the product platform.
• Collaborate with product managers, development leads and architecture peers to understand business requirements and translate them into viable technical solutions.
• Define best practices for data engineering, feature engineering, and model deployment.
• Implement advanced machine learning models to solve complex business problems/product features and optimize them for performance, efficiency and accuracy.
• Stay current with the latest advancements in machine learning and artificial intelligence to recommend innovative solutions.
• Design and optimize data pipelines for efficient data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes.
• Ensure data security and compliance with relevant regulations throughout the entire data science and machine learning lifecycle.
• Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, engineers, and business stakeholders.
• Clearly communicate technical concepts and solutions to non-technical stakeholders.
• Evaluate and enhance existing frameworks and/or develop new architecture frameworks that will be used by agile teams responsible for feature development.
• Provide guidance and support to assigned development teams from PI planning through execution in scoping, design and implementation of functional epics/features ensuring that overall solution vision is on track, right technical trade-offs are made, and issues are identified and resolved timely.
• Participate in sprint and system demos for agile teams to maintain visibility on product progress, quality and interdependencies throughout the lifecycle. Identify and offer suggestions for improvement.
• Mentor developers and other technical resources and help improve the quality of their work products
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
• Proven experience (3-5 years) as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, software developer with focus on AI/ML or similar role.
• In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms, statistical models, and data science best practices.
• Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, Java, R or Scala in enterprise application development.
• Experience with big data technologies, cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP), and data processing/ML frameworks such as Tensorflow.
• Develop and train machine learning models using diverse datasets from enterprise applications
• Write clean and efficient code for AI and ML applications.
• Collaborate with software engineers to integrate machine learning models into existing systems or develop new applications.
• Document code, algorithms, and processes for future reference and collaboration.
• Experience in design and development of highly scalable, distributed & secure solutions that run on premise or in cloud environments
• Good understanding of System design and implementation based on microservices and RESTful APIs.
• Experience with message based or event driven architecture frameworks.
• Experience working in SAFe/Agile development environment.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
• Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
• Strong communication and leadership abilities.
• Experience in Java based frameworks and technologies such as JBoss, Spring Boot, Spring Data/JPA and Spring cloud.
• Experience in Cloud native tools, patterns and open source software
• Working knowledge of containerization and related technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD automations
• Practical experience in Domain driven design and data modeling in RDBMS environment
• Practical experience in test driven development
• Experience with source control and build automation tools (GIT, Gradle, NPM)
• Extensive experience doing design and code reviews and providing guidance to development
• Federal security and compliance standards like PIV/CAC integration, Identity Management, FIPS 140-2 certified cryptography, NIST 800-53
• Experience with continuous deployment tools (e.g.Jenkins, Tekton )
• Experience in Software delivery and customer implementations
• Experience in Federal security standards and policies that govern enterprise applications
CGI Federal anticipates accepting applications for this position through 2/14/2024.
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $106,300K- $291,300K.”
Let’s talk about benefits:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid maternity and parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
Data flow analysis
Natural Language Processing
Cloud Native Development
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.