Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
Main location: United States, Remote
Position ID: J0224-0383
Employment Type: Full Time
This position can be worked anywhere within the U.S.
CGI is looking for talented, driven QA/Testers to ensure the successful delivery of a critical project for a federal client. Consultant who has a passion for solving problems to join our team. At CGI, you get to do more than just sling code, you get to build solutions as a full-time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission-critical project working with smart, dedicated people like yourself, and making an impact with both internal and client stakeholders. Tired of the same old thing? Take your talents to a company that inspires personal and professional growth and values your ideas
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in requirements-gathering sessions
• Create Automation and/or Manual Test Plans for application testing
• Create Manual Test Cases for Functional testing, and Automation Test Scripts for functional testing including the identification, collection and/or creation of test data
• Execute frontend and backend tests
• Maintain quality testing documentation, standards, and procedures
• Assist in the planning, creation, and control of the test environment(s)
• Participate in structured walk-throughs and peer reviews
• Participate in the coordination, and execution of release testing
• Setup automation test frameworks
• Determine and meet time estimates and schedules for testing efforts
• Proven ability to work independently, and as a team member
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong understanding of the full lifecycle (SDLC) with Agile/Scrum experience
• A strong understanding of Single Page Applications
• Strong understanding of different types of Manual and Automated Testing methodologies (unit, system integration, regression, compatibility & performance etc.) and an ability to plan/execute accordingly
• Experience supporting customers in UAT testing
• Proven ability to Plan, Develop, and Deploy Automated Test Frameworks and Scripts based on BDD (Cucumber) / ATDD approach
• Experience with building processes using Jenkins or Cloud Management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (ability to translate between business and technical concepts)
• 3+ years’ experience developing automation tests in Selenium
• 3+ years’ experience developing automated tests with Postman or SoapUI
• 3+ years’ experience with Cucumber BDD Framework
• 2+ years’ experience working with a Relational Database
• 2+ years’ experience writing intermediate-level SQL queries
• 3+ years’ experience working with OOP development/principles
• 3+ years’ experience working with defect tracking tools such as ALM/JIRA/ServiceNow
• Experience working with JSON and XML
• Proven ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
• Proven ability to identify, define, and document business requirements (functional and system)
• Proven ability to participate in requirements analysis, validation, and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable
• Proven ability to track, and fully document changes to business requirements (functional and system)
• Proven ability to clearly communicate requirements to other development team members
• Manage changes to requirements throughout the project lifecycle
• Strong DevOps skills (not mandatory)
• Ability to be flexible, and think analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Ability to solve problems to complex business processes
• Proven ability to develop, and maintain system documentation
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
CGI Federal anticipates accepting applications for this position through 4/30/2024.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is between $54,200-$126,600.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
User Acceptance Testing
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.