Model Risk Senior Specialist
Model Risk Senior Specialist
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, Remote
Alternate Location(s): United States, Tennessee, Knoxville
United States, South Carolina, Columbia
Position ID: J0923-0774
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a Model Risk - Senior Specialist our financial services team. Preferred locations are Knoxville, TN or Columbia, SC. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe.
The Senior Specialist, Model Risk will contribute to highly visible enterprise-wide model development functions in the organization. The models make estimates that are a key input to management decisions and are reported to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on a regular basis. The role will be to execute enterprise standards for model validation. The incumbent will be responsible for leading work to identify and evaluate model risk as well as proposing controls to manage that risk. This will entail investigating the weaknesses of a framework and setting the scope and designing tests for a validation effort, appropriate to that framework.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• The Senior Specialist, Model Risk will contribute to highly visible enterprise-wide model development functions in the organization
• The models make estimates that are a key input to management decisions and are reported to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on a regular basis
• The role will be to execute enterprise standards for model validation
• The incumbent will be responsible for leading work to identify and evaluate model risk as well as proposing controls to manage that risk
• This will entail investigating the weaknesses of a framework and setting the scope and designing tests for a validation effort, appropriate to that framework
• This role may work in one of five disciplines, each responsible for a different type of modelling: Credit Risk Modelling, 2) Treasury Modelling, 3) Market Risk Modelling, 4) Pricing Modelling, 5) Forecasting
• Execute enterprise standards for model validation, by setting the scope of a validation effort
• This entails designing the tests and review activities necessary to evaluate a model
• Responsible for evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of a model's conceptual framework to identify situations where a model may become less useful
• Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues
• The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing the risks identified by more junior analysts and formulating the proposed controls into a plan of action for management
• Responsible for the technical direction, accuracy, and soundness of quantitative methods in the assigned area
• Decisions and assumptions recommended by the incumbent have significant impact on the financial and risk position of the Bank or legal entity supported
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 4 years (5 preferred) of modelling experience in financial services.
• Must have experience with complex quantitative modelling, numerical analysis, and computational methods using programming languages (such as C/C++, C#, Java, FORTRAN, MATLAB, SAS) as well as mathematical/statistical software packages.
• Master's Degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline, including engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics, econometrics.
• The candidate must have a superb quantitative and analytical background with a solid theoretical foundation coupled with strong programming, documentation, and communications skills.
• We look for individuals who are extremely focused, detail-oriented, results-oriented and highly productive.
• A proven track record of being able to efficiently and effectively: conduct independent research, analyze problems, formulate and implement solutions, and produce quality results on time.
• Our teams must have excellent scientific and technical documentation and presentation skills, assertiveness & influencing skills, and the skills to explain abstract theoretical concepts to a non-expert audience in easy-to-understand language
Bachelors or Master's in finance
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $53,000.00 - $130,600.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.