Main location: United States, New York, Remote
Position ID: J1123-1124
Employment Type: Full Time
*Candidates who live in the State of New York are preferred candidates. *
**This is a 100% remote position with travel to New York once a month. **
CGI Federal’s Housing Compliance team that partners with public housing authorities (PHAs) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to assist in the provision of affordable housing has an opening for a Housing Specialist.
This is an opportunity to join an energetic team with a collaborative management group and work with affordable housing providers. New team members receive in-depth training to prepare them for their role. Additional training and professional development opportunities are also available, for both the affordable housing industry, and general business skills.
Work hours are from 8:00 to 5:00 (one hour for lunch) Monday through Friday.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Completing assessments, evaluations, income calculations, file reviews, and development of operating procedures for Affordable Housing programs, either independently or as a team member, while at the same time maintaining a high quality of customer service with clients.
• Manage, monitor and maintain monthly portfolio that includes but not limited to collecting, processing and verifying documentation for clients and stockholders; contacting third party sources for verifications based on outlined criteria.
• Ensure that tasks assigned are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Operates/maintains computer, printer, scanner, copier, fax and additional office machines.
• Completes accurate data entry in CGI and client system of record necessary to monitor and produce forms, reports, correspondence or other material.
• Analyze, organize, evaluate, alphabetize and file materials or data, as necessary.
• Assist other staff members, when requested.
• Implement new CGI/HUD/Client policy, procedures and requirements as provided by the Supervisor.
• Research and respond to inquiries from clients, property owners and tenants regarding case load matters and concerns.
• Educate program team members, participants, appropriate agencies, and the public concerning affordable housing regulations, policies and procedures.
• Compile information, generate and present CGI internal and client reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the Supervisor and provide staff coverage as needed.
• Participate in ongoing meetings with the client and take the minutes for distribution.
• Escalate all issues that need immediate supervisory attention.
• Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures.
• Work closely with other team members to provide high level of customer service.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Associate degree (bachelor’s degree preferred) from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field.
• Must have One year experience in Section 8 or Affordable Housing Industry.
• Strong mathematical skills and excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Must obtain Certified HCVP Specialist within one year of employment.
• Ability to: coordinate work activities; make independent decisions; express oneself clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
• Establish and maintain effective working relationship with staff, clients, landlords and tenants
• Deal effectively with situations requiring tact and diplomacy
• Prepare clear and concise reports.
• Must have strong computer skills and be able to enter data in multiple electronic information systems.
• Due to the nature of this US government contract, US citizenship is required.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $15.86 - $26.20.
Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.