CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical and Customer Support in Reading, Pennsylvania
Technical and Customer Support
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Technical and Customer Support
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
Position ID: J1119-2087
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
A support person to help resolve software and technical questions efficiently and effectively in an ERP environment. (SAP or others). Gather the required information necessary in order to best handle customer software and technical inquiries.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Manage customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution
• Meet SLAs like response and resolution times by partnering with IT organization
• Extensively research and document customer technical issues
• Collaborate with Technical Support team members to properly manage customer inquiries and escalate when appropriate.
• Partner with Technical Support team members on various strategic projects when needed
• Own customer technical issues from initial report to resolution, communicating with customers regularly regarding issue status.
• Run monitoring reports for usage, performance, and/or availability.
• Document solutions for knowledge-base and bring new ideas for innovation and automation excellence into the Support team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering (or related technical discipline)
•. 1- 3 years of relevant experience in L1 technical customer support, with a strong customer interaction experience
• Good debugging skills
• Familiarity with ERP (Baan ) and ERP systems an added advantage
• Passion to be a part of a hard working and winning team
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Excellent ability to learn and articulate software-related and technical concepts
• Strong active listening skills and excellent written and oral communications skills
• Excellent Customer Service Orientation
• Strong attention to detail when communicating with customers (verbal & written)
• Ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence
• Expertise working with Microsoft Excel
• Strong documentation skills
• Working knowledge of SQL, Java related technologies
• Knowledge of SAP or other ERP Engagements are a big plus!
• Experience in Baan is desired.
• Experience in ITIL Support is desired.
- ERP System CSB
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.