CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Manager in Princeton, New Jersey
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Position ID: J0121-0410
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a seasoned project managers to join our growing team supporting life science clients through end to end solution offerings and professional services. The successful candidate must be able to work in a cross-functional environment and interact with representatives from CGI, and our end-clients. This project manager will work at various CGI/ clients consulting and executing various life science business and IT initiatives from road map assessment architecture best practice phase implementations, and go live.
This position will lead and execute several projects within the External Partner Enablement portfolio. This includes collaborating with project governance committees and maintaining productive and positive relationships with stakeholders throughout the duration of the project. The Project Manager will also monitor progress, issues and risks and communicate with team members in timely and effective manner to facilitate or negotiate resolution of problems and conflicts with outputs and process related to project delivery.
This role can be houses out of the East BU (PA/NJ). Right now its remote until further notice.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead project team(s) to execute on assigned project(s) supporting the digital capability (DC) objectives of their Business Unit group/function, delivering value faster, in an incremental fashion.
• Oversee planning and execution of small to medium sized project(s) in their Business Unit’s DC group/functional portfolio to deliver on intended outcomes while collaborating on evolving ideas and discovery of new requirements to maximize return on investments.
• Identify dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to appropriate levels of management and stakeholders across assigned project(s).
• Ensure project deliverables, schedules, and financials adhere to established norms and are managed in alignment with departmental best practices across their assigned project(s).
• Periodically evaluate performance and develop action plans to ensure achievement of performance goals.
• Monitor and control schedule and financial health of their assigned project(s) and provide actionable insights to key stakeholders.
• Proactively remove obstacles to drive assigned projects’ momentum and progress. Engage and energize the project team(s).
• Plan and engage necessary resources across the enterprise to ensure successful completion of assigned project(s).
• Manage one to two vendors providing services to the project(s) ensuring they meet their execution milestones and remain within their funding estimates.
• Prepares all project status reports and documentation to keep project sponsors informed of project progress and potential risks/roadblocks so they can take appropriate action.
• Actively engage stakeholders of problem project(s) to assist with identifying corrective actions.
• Co-lead setup of project management and governance structures in collaboration with IT Business Partner(s) and Digital Capability Managers (Digital Capability Managers).
• Advise and consistently apply Project Management best practices (including Agile, SDLC and PMF) and tools. Continuously improve our adoption and maturity of best practices across IT.
• Provide support to IT BPs and Digital Capability Managers in management of project financials, vendor management and procurement.
• Collaborate with ITBPs, Digital Capability Managers & Portfolio Managers on business case development for investments, translating PM experience & insights into improved estimates and outcomes.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The candidate will have had previous experience and strong skills in IT and End User Computing(B2B) which will be valuable in the role/position we are targeting for this worker.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Project Management 15+ Expert
Sharepoint 6-8+ Expert
Pharma 2-4 Expert
End User Compute/Collaboration Tools 3-5
Minimum Education Required: Associates Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $112,000-$150,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.