CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Manager in Princeton, New Jersey
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Princeton, New Jersey, US United States
Position ID: J0521-0488
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a seasoned project managers to join our growing team supporting life science clients through end to end solution offerings and professional services.. The successful candidate must be able to work in a cross-functional environment and interact with representatives from CGI, and our end-clients. This project manager will work at various CGI/ clients consulting and executing various life science business and IT initiatives from road map assessment architecture best practice phase implementations, and go live
The successful candidate will support the life sciences organizations primarily in projects related to commercial IT readiness in support product launch.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Project Manager will be accountable for managing a suite of full lifecycle projects encompassing several vendor-led workstreams in a matrix governance model as part of various global deployments.
The Project Manager must be comfortable interacting with senior stakeholders from across sales, marketing and commercial IT, facilitating PMO and/or steering committee meetings, and supporting business-critical transformation / change initiatives.
Experience and Skills:
• Ensure each project team has detailed project plan, scope, milestones, tasks, deliverables that align to the overall program
• Maintain strategic alignment of projects by analyzing status and reviewing with management decision makers on a weekly basis
• Logging all project accomplishments, upcoming events, risks, actions decisions and risks and holding individuals accountable for open entries
• Running cross tower project team meetings with multiple vendors involved
• Organizing and leading tower teams to ensure deliverables and timelines are met per program objectives/timelines
• Ensuring required project documentation is created, reviewed, approved, and stored in the appropriate central project repository
• Tracking spend versus budget and re-forecasting project expenditures across explicit categories
• Proactively raising key issues/risks to the IT PMO Lead, program stakeholders and Steering Committee
• Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines
• Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate risks of the overall program and individual workstreams
Perform team management, driving motivation, collaboration and execution
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience of 7+ years managing $1M+ IT/Business projects in biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry
• PMI PMP certification with one or more additional certifications in Agile are highly desired
• Commercial IT experience in rolling out systems such as Veeva CRM, Veeva PromoMats, Align as a functional or technology consultant or background in several full lifecycle projects
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including capacity to comfortably interface with senior leaders, including executive staff
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence
• Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking capability, ability to function in a highly complex matrix organization
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.