CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Program Release/Environment Manager in Princeton, New Jersey
Program Release/Environment Manager
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Program Release/Environment Manager
Category: Project Management
City: Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Position ID: J0920-0871
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A company committed to clients
The Program Manager will be responsible for implementation of the Quality Document Management system This person would need to work with all of the teams to coordinate changes/deployments to shared and non-shared environments (to ensure appropriate change control, testing accuracy, etc). The role is a Program Manager type role (ie, organized, detail oriented, good at working with others, good at laying out a set of tasks/timelines and managing to completion, can manage multiple tasks/dependencies, etc)….However, person should also have some technical knowledge, specifically implementing Veeva vault
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Build strong relationships with the management team. Influence strategic thinking to make use of technology to improve operational efficiency and competitive advantage
• Manages communications on project status, change requests, and escalations
• Initiates and facilitates program financials
• Follow SDLC processes, gates and procedures and PMO best practices for managing programs and projects (which include the change control process needed to capture data around reasons for project changes)
• Unblock or escalate issues to the Portfolio Manager in a timely manner; then drive and own mitigation
• Communicate with the Portfolio Manager and associated Service Owner(s) frequently regarding changes in program and project status and ensure that data is kept up to date in the vPPM system (ServiceNow). Provide transparency into program and project status, accomplishments, issues and risks, and next steps on a regular cadence set by the Portfolio Manager, with event-driven updates as needed
• Work closely with the Portfolio Manager and solution architects to give the IT build and run teams in GPT and GDS early visibility into upcoming demand related to the programs and projects managed
• Ensure the quality and on time delivery of SDLC artifacts and documents related to programs and projects managed, as well as timely execution of SDLC gate check processes
• Provide and track program-related accruals, budgets, forecasts and forecast revisions. Responsible for Purchase Orders, as well as updating and reconciling actual financials in the vPPM system and the financial system, along with expenses incurred (though these activities may be delegated to a PMO project financial specialist)
• Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coach and mentor 2 - 5 Project Managers (including consultants and employees)
• Lead program and project team meetings and ensure that team meeting minutes are taken, accurate and available for team review. Action items from these meetings are the responsibility of the Program Manager to assign to the appropriate owners, and to ensure actions are closed in a timely manner
• Lead and promote effective and clear communication for the benefit of the projects managed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Knowledge and Experience
*Experience implementing Veeva vault
• Knowledge Document Management systems
• Expertise in Project Management Office, SDLC and governance best practices
• Firm understanding of software development and configuration processes, including requirements gathering, analysis/design, planning, development tools/technologies, testing methodologies, release/version control, deployment management, disaster recovery planning and testing, post-production hardening, and transition to run operations
• A track record of high quality, successful, large-scale, complex, on time and on budget delivery of major programs and projects
• Pharma industry experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
• Executive level presence and drive
• Expertise in setting and managing Business Sponsor and Stakeholder expectations
• Ability to effectively organize and motivate diverse teams to achieve goals
• Manage conflict and roadblocks well
• Experience running status meetings and effectively holding team members accountable for status, deliverables and timely escalation of blockers
• Track record of directly addressing issues of underperformance, as well as recognizing good performance
• Experience mentoring and coaching subordinates
• Exemplify a highly collaborative mindset and client service-focus
• Actively anticipate, track and plan for risks and issues, dependencies, resourcing and contingencies
• Function effectively as an advisor for the Service Owner and program and project stakeholders
o Build strong relationships and gain trust
o Understand business requirements and the value proposition for programs and projects
• Work closely and collaboratively with members of the PMO and program and project teams
• Communicate status, risks, dependencies and issues effectively
• Escalate issues in a manner that is effective, collaborative and respectful
• Demonstrate an analytical, objective, and strategic mindset
• Passion for identifying opportunities for change, as well as driving and achieving high quality results
• Develop an in-depth understanding of technology solutions implemented and business value
• Hands-on experience with commercial Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) tools
• Experience using management reports and dashboards
• Expertise with MS Project
• Experience implementing and supporting validated systems
• Experience working with GXP & GMP systems
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Project Management Experience 15 years High
Pharma IT Experience 5-7 High
Interpersonal Skills 5-7 High
MS Projects 10+ High
• 5+ years of experience in running multi-year programs related to corporate acquisitions.
• 15+ years of experience in Information Technology, with progressively increasing responsibilities in delivery, project and program management
• Experience managing large scale migrations from multiple document management systems.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline
• PMP or Prince2 certification
• Experience implementing Veeva vault
• Experience with PPM tools and BI management reporting
• Advanced degree (MBA etc.)
• Experience with ServiceNow project management tool preferred
• Agile CSM certification
• Training and experience with Agile development practices
• Pharmaceutical, biotech or regulated industry experience
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.