Cashier Level I – Second Shift
Main location: United States, New Hampshire, Portsmouth
Position ID: J0623-1110
Employment Type: Full Time
Under the direction of the Cashier Level II (Second Shift) , the Cashier Level I (Second Shift) verifies that the fee collected matches the type of application submitted, notes all discrepancies and records the amount and type of fee collected.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Cashier Level II, the Cashier Level I shall process all fees according to the type of Passport application of service provided. The Cashier Level I shall perform the following tasks:
• Verify that the fee collected matched the type of application submitted, note all discrepancies and records the amount and type of fee collected, all according to established procedures.
• Review and batch applications not received from the lockbox.
• Verify and cash moneys that are still attached to applications.
• Verify that fee matches type of application and the dollar value matches the tender selected in TDIS.
• Cashier all work brought to the office, ensuring that each batch balances before beginning new batch.
• Assist in creating daily deposit summary and the verification report.
• Review all batches from mailroom, counter, and Change of Services and Payment (CSOP).
• Adherence to all department procedures and internal controls at all times.
• Required to actively participate with teams for continuous quality improvement.
• Assist in training contract employees for the essential job functions.
• Help to constantly improve the training process/procedure.
• Maintain constant awareness and adherence to all aspects of internal controls.
• Generate Informational Request Letters (IRLs) and emails to Passport applicants regarding delinquent passport fees.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• High school diploma or GED, and;
• One (1) year of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, and;
• Two (2) years of experience in a money-handling environment working with all aspects of cash registry.
• Must be bonded.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good data entry skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize simultaneous work flow duties. Ability to remain flexible and adapt under pressure in stressful situations and follow instructions and established procedures
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required.
Hourly Rate: 22.53/hour
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors including but not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
At CGI Federal we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are owners and empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI Federal’s benefits include:
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category.
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Additional benefits determined by your Service Contract Act:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Paid Federal Holidays
Health & Welfare Benefits
Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.