CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Test Automation Engineer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Test Automation Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Test Automation Engineer
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Position ID: J0321-1966
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The best version of us starts with you.
We are hiring a Test Automation Engineer with 6+ years of experience. You will work in a centralized testing team, testing multiple applications across technology stacks. You will work in both Functional and Automation Testing in HP UFT and Selenium.
At CGI you get to build solutions as a full time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission critical project, working with a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself who build quality solutions for a variety of customers. Take your talents to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design and develop high-quality automated UI and API tests for web applications
• Design and build industry standard test automation solutions and scripts
• Perform in sprint manual and automation testing in an agile setting.
• Develop and manage software test plans, and traceability - rite high quality regression test plans for application under validation
• Provide manual and automation testing estimates during discover and sprint planning phases of development lifecycle
• Investigate automated and manual test failures ; update automated UI/ API test scripts as needed
• Replicate production defects in the lower environments, log defects in defect management system for resolution. Provide issue walkthroughs to the developers or software engineers
• Collaborate with DevOps team in to set up quality gates and execute automated tests in the delivery pipeline
• Automate repetitive validation tasks in browser based/ API based test automation products
• Report testing results/ metrics to the QA manager and other project stakeholders
• Partner with product teams to design and develop acceptance criteria and BDD tests •Report progress, test metrics and results to the project stakeholders
• Perform all activities involved in the software testing lifecycle
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Agile Mindset - An expert in Scaled Agile delivery model, experienced with agile ceremonies such as daily scrums, spring planning, sprint reviews and sprint demos
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; ability to interact with all levels of management
Must have Technical Skills:
• 5 years of experience working as a quality engineer in an Agile team.
• 5+ years of UI test automation experience using Selenium.
• Experience in managing code repositories and versions using Azure DevOps, GIT or SVN.
• Experience working with TESTNG and/or BDD framework using Selenium, Cucumber
• Exposure to CI/CD – Jenkins/Maven
• Experience developing API tests using Karate framework
• Experience developing tests using BDD frameworks.
• 4+ years of experience developing, maintaining & executing automated regression tests for web and backend applications.
• 4-6 years of experience writing SQL scripts.
• Good understanding of Agile project management/ DevOps tools.
• DevOps and Continuous delivery mindset.
• Extensive experience developing test plans, writing test cases and creating test strategy.
• Team player who could work with product management and application development teams to deliver high quality applications.
• Experience with application log management, monitoring & operational intelligence tools.
BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related IT field or equivalent combination of experience and education
What CGI Offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
Test Case / Script Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.