CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Quality Engineer Lead in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Quality Engineer Lead
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Quality Engineer Lead
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Position ID: J0820-1532
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
We are looking for a technical professional who has the ability to learn new technology and how it will impact our clients. The Lead Quality Engineer will have robust experience in testing process, defect management with 6+ years of experience. Can you leverage your testing knowledge in Selenium and Java? If so CGI has an opportunity for you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Test Coordination and tracking responsibility across multiple lines of business.
• Good exposure to all the phases of Software Testing Life Cycle.
• Your passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools to help drive solutions for your clients.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams.
• Team Oriented and can work independently.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; ability to interact with all levels of management
Must have Technical Skills:
• 6+ years of experience with expertise with software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Skilled in testing process, defect management with 6+ years of experience.
• 4+ years of hands on experience on developing Test automation frameworks (Selenium)
• 4+ years of hands on experience with Java
• 4+ years of experience with Junit/Maven/Jenkins integration
• Knowledge of API Testing, UI testing and database testing.
• 4+ years of experience with SQL– Simple to Complex SQL analysis
• Automation experience in API Testing and development of API test services using Karate framework highly desired.
• Exposure to in-sprint automation
• Experience in Agile and Waterfall methodology.
• Good exposure to all the phases of Software Testing Life Cycle
• Clearly interprets requirements and acceptance criteria to create test cases.
• Experience in test planning, estimations, prioritization and documentation.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills to perform root cause analysis of complex issues
• Ability to quickly grasp new technologies and tools.
BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related IT field or equivalent combination of experience and education
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
Test Planning & Implementation
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.