CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Manager - Salesforce Practice in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Project Manager - Salesforce Practice
Find similar career opportunities
Project Manager - Salesforce Practice
Category: Project Management
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Position ID: J0319-1082
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI’s Salesforce Practice based in Pittsburgh, PA offers high-touch consulting and custom, business-value driven solutions to a broad spectrum of customers, who embrace the strategic value of technology. CGIs Salesforce Practice is a fast-growing Practice focused on putting our customers’ people at the center of solutions built on the Salesforce Platform with the goal of increasing collaboration, adoption and business results.
We take great pride in hiring, training and developing talented employees who work collaboratively in long term partnerships with our customers. Because of this, our customers see CGI as trusted advisors—people who make a difference solving their critical needs today and for the future.
We are seeking an experienced Salesforce Project Manager with a proven track record to join our Salesforce Practice team. The ideal candidate is comfortable managing Salesforce projects from inception to project close out. In this role you will be responsible for the overall planning, direction and management of projects for CGI’s Salesforce clients. This vital role has great customer visibility and has responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction is met or exceeded throughout the project. The Project Manager collaborates with a variety of internal and external staff while also providing insight into the progress of a project to CGI’s Management Team and Client Management.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for planning, execution and successful completion of assigned Salesforce Practice projects.
• Responsible for closely following methodology established by the Salesforce Practice PMO.
• Manage project constraints of scope, cost, time, risk, quality, and customer satisfaction.
• Work in conjunction with the Salesforce Practice PMO Manager and the client to determine the engagement methodology to be applied to specific project implementation (Agile). Will be dependent upon size, complexity and client comfort.
• Ensure CGI is delivering the highest quality at all times, customers are satisfied and projects are completed in a profitable manner.
• Facilitate day-to-day operational work on assigned projects, including communications, status reporting, project plan management and updates as well as resource oversight.
• Assist Salesforce Practice Delivery Lead in ensuring project milestones and sprint goals are met on time and with the expected quality.
• Work jointly with the client, establish necessary and appropriate level of project governance. Define the suitable structure for roles/responsibilities, people, information and processes necessary to support decision making and prioritization.
• Clearly define project scope and proactively manage changes in scope throughout the life of the project.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with key stakeholders and project team.
• Responsible for all project financials and management of overall project budget, ensuring adequate and necessary funding for project delivery.
• Provide timely standard project status reports to stakeholders which include identification of key issues and risks
• Conduct effective and efficient project status meetings.
• Conduct and participate in project retrospectives. Responsible for working with the Salesforce Practice PMO to provide feedback and to continuously improve project methodologies and define best practices
• Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
• Participate with Client Partners and Solution Architects, as needed, to prepare Change Orders for existing projects and SOWs for new project work.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A self-starter with a can-do attitude and the ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong desire to move projects forward and be proactive
• Exceptional communication, leadership, presentation and client development skills
• Demonstrated experience in project integration, scope, communication, change, risk, and financial management, (e.g., apply estimating methodologies to establish accurate project budgets, provide project scope change control, assess risks to overall success of projects and determine variances).
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated practice of PMI process groups and knowledge areas.
• Strong understanding of the major Professional Services processes: Project creation & Management, Timesheet submission & management, Utilization, etc.
• Demonstrated work experience in an Agile environment, including building and managing Agile teams.
• Business Analysis skills and ability to quickly understand the business issues and challenges surrounding a client’s environment and see opportunities for CGI’s Salesforce Practice to strengthen the relationship.
• Able to accommodate up to 40% travel (regional, national and international), often with minimal notice
• 5+ years of experience in project management.
• 3+ years of implementation / project management experience in leading and implementing Salesforce projects.
• PfMP (Portfolio), PMI-ACP (Agile), PgMP (Program), CAPM (Associate), SAFe Agilist, SAFe Practitioner or SAFe Program Consultant certifications are a plus.
• Hands on experience configuring Salesforce solutions is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Systems or related field discipline.
• Salesforce Certification is a plus.
PMI Agile Cert Practitioner
SAFe DevOps Practitioner
SAFe ProgramConsultant Trainer
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.