CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Product Manager in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US United States
Position ID: J0821-2146
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is an exciting global company with a culture of intrapreneurship, ownership, and teamwork. We have an exciting opportunity in our Credit Product Management and Business Consulting Practice. The Product Manager works alongside Architects, Product Owners, agile teams, and other stakeholders to translate customer requirements into application solutions. The Product Manager owns the responsibility for meeting with customers to understand requirements, monitoring regulatory changes, and keeping abreast of market trends to help drive CGI’s Credit Platform roadmap.
The Product Manager will work closely with Architects and other stakeholders to; define solutions, write detailed epics and acceptance criteria that define solutions to be built, support the agile team through development and testing, demo the application to internal and external stakeholders, serve as a liaison back to the customer to communicate roadmap plans, scope and design details, and development progress. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a product manager or product owner in an agile model with a passion for software design and realizing customer objectives by delivering business value. Candidate must demonstrate a strong knowledge of credit operations and the credit lifecycle in the financial industry.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
A full-time member of the Product Management team, the Product Manager (PM) works with customers and other stakeholders to translate requirements into application solutions. The PM is a self-directed contributor who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, understand the application and the customer’s business process, and research credit management in the financial industry. The PM’s primary responsibility is to work with an assigned architect and other stakeholders to translate customer business requirements into tangible system designs, articulated as epics and features with detailed acceptance criteria. The PM is responsible for crafting product solutions, drafting and accepting epics and features, attending bi-weekly sprint demos and guiding work to completion following agile principles. For work that spreads across multiple teams, the PM will work with their peers to ensure priorities and design elements are aligned and coordinated to drive features to completion. The PM role requires an individual with strong collaborative skills with a system thinking mentality who can work with technical and nontechnical stakeholders to continually ensure their team is executing the highest priority, value added work. The PM should:
• Work with customers to understand requirements, communicate product roadmaps, and manage scope
• Work with architects and other stakeholders to define system solutions to meet customer requirements
• Author epics, features and acceptance criteria
• Participate in PI planning
• Guide agile teams implementing new features
• Own epic and feature prioritization for assigned features
• Collaborate with the team to continuously improve and define its mission
• Play a key role in driving and developing sprint and PI demos
• Sign off on epic completion
• Review user release documentation
• Lead customer demos
• Be a key contributor in the team retrospective helping drive improvements across the team
• Manage communications and relationships with diverse stakeholders, ranging from Product Managers, Project Managers, developers, designers, QA engineers, architects, and requirements analysts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6+ years working with credit management solutions in the financial industry (i.e. Default Management Solutions, Servicing or Loan Origination Systems)
• 2+ years of hands-on experience as a product manager or product owner in an Agile environment
• Problem solver along with ability to multi task
• Prior consulting experience in any of the following areas:
o Business process improvement,
o Financial management policies and procedures,
o Financial system integrations
• Work independently and across many initiatives at once
• Proven client management skills
• Experience in requirements gathering
• Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail
• Top notch organizational skills and ability to work within processes
• Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals
• Ability to translate and articulate business needs into software requirements/epics and features
• Ability to work closely with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders for technical issues, architectural considerations and engineering assessment of product goals
• Ability to understand complex business needs and translate them into detailed, executable functional requirements
• Skills in writing customer-centric documentation (epics/user stories/Use Cases/features/requirements) for the product backlog
• Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
• Ability to provide appropriate and informed guidance and business direction, and break down complex problems into actionable steps that drive product development
• Ability to groom the feature backlog to enable accelerated software development while ensuring coordination across teams and alignment with stakeholder expectations
• Excellent communication skills and understanding of the agile software development principles
• Strong presentation and leadership skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills
• Ability to travel to different client sites across the US and to CGI Centers of Excellence
• Willing to travel as required, approximately 25 to 50%
• Experience working with a remote teams
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $95,000-$120,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Product Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.