CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. OpenShift Container Developer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
OpenShift Container Developer
Find similar career opportunities
OpenShift Container Developer
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Position ID: J0719-1058
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking an accomplished OpenShift Container Developer to join our financial services team in Pittsburgh, PA
At CGI, you get to build solutions as a full time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission critical project working with smart, dedicated people like yourself, and making an impact with both internal and client stakeholders. Take your talents to a company that inspires personal and professional growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Reviews design documents and provides feedback on approach and estimates
• Technical expertise in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of software.
• Ensures that software meets or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 4+ years of experience in OpenShift, DevOps tools.
• Experience in architecture, design, build, and operationalization of Red Hat OpenShift environment.
• Proven expertise in application containerization management with OpenShift
• Working experience with DevOps or Agile processes
• In-depth knowledge of best practices around developing Micro services architectures and OpenShift
• Maintaining environment and tool configurations, such as Jenkins, SonarQube, and ServiceNow
• Performing regular health checks on environments, which may include task such as checking status of environments and individual tools, Running scripted health checks, Restarting individual tools, Running scripted maintenance activities (start/stop services)
• Excellent knowledge of and experience with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system, system configuration, and administration
• Build and manage OpenShift baseline images for Tomcat, Apache Web Server, Weblogic and JBoss. Widen platform for additional Middleware images
• Analyze the readiness of the application to adopt microservices
• Good knowledge of the core service needed for the application (ex: TAM, AD, DB, CMDB, CyberArk ID Vaulting, Monitoring, Tripwire, ServiceNow) and develop new Services/Endpoints in OpenShift where required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• OpenShift – 4+ years
• Red Hat – 2+ years
• Virtualization – 2+ years
Education: BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related IT field or equivalent combination of experience and education
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.