CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. .Net Developer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US United States
Position ID: J1221-2055
Employment Type: Full Time
We have a requirement to hire an accomplished Onshore .Net experienced resource to join our financial services team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop, validate and implement software solutions based on customer requirements, Enterprise architecture standards and defined project designs.
• Work with the Product and Design teams to build new features to solve business problems and fill business needs.
• Participate in code reviews to create robust and maintainable code.
• Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process, and business
• Working with Agile methodologies including Scrum or SDLC and deliver in a fast paced delivery environment
• Should be able to work independently with minimal to no guidance or in a team setup, spread geographically.
• Excellent communication skills
• Development, Testing and Build/Release Management.
• Analyze technical feasibility through proof of concepts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum Bachelors of IT/CS or equivalent work experience
• Previous experience in: High transactional environments
• Five (5) + years experience with ASP.NET, VB.Net and C#
• Five (5) + years experience being part of a development team and working within an Agile and Scrum or other SDLC environment
• Ability to code and implement front end web applications and backend processing systems
• Proficient in SQL usage, query writing and schema creation
• OOP, RESTful API, service-oriented architecture preferred
• Willingness to work on any task assigned by supervisor regardless of skill level required
• Extensive experience with object-oriented programming
• Capable of building a high-quality customer-facing transactional site from scratch.
• Able to design solutions from scratch and present designs to a team
• Knowledge of relational database design and stored procedure development using Oracle database.
• Able to develop code that allows for expansion and flexibility
Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
Skill set Years of experience Proficiency level
ASP.NET, VB.Net, C# and Rest API
Minimum 5 Years
Visual Studio 2019, VS Code, TFS and BitBucket
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
Strong communication skills
Capability to work with product owners, scrum master and ability to understand existing code and reverse engineer as necessary
Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.