CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Middleware DevOps Engineer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Middleware DevOps Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Middleware DevOps Engineer
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Position ID: J0321-1598
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The best version of us starts with you.
We are hiring a Middleware DevOps Engineer to join our dynamic team in Pittsburgh, PA. You will be a technical expert for DevOps practices - providing solutions and technical implementation aligned with automation program objectives. This is an opportunity to work in a challenging technical environment and gain exposure of advanced tools and technology suites.
At CGI, you get to build solutions as a full time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission critical project, working with a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself who build quality solutions for a variety of customers. Take your talents to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Understand our client’s release and deploy automation needs; provide services that align with Enterprise DevOps standards.
• Create and follow enterprise standards for onboarding applications to Jenkins and Udeploy
• Analyze applications on-boarding/support requests and provide solutions.
• Analyze highly complex application build, release and deployment requirements; and write technical specifications to design or redesign build, release and deploy automation.
• Develop and provide build, release and deploy solution for legacy applications with customized pipeline.
• On-going operational support for all applications as they require updates, troubleshooting, and configuration
• Accountable for high-quality delivery of assigned projects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6+ years’ experience in infrastructure implementation, deployment, testing, documenting and maintenance of Client/Server, Web based applications in multi - tiered architecture, Internet/Intranet infrastructure and clustered environments.
• 6+ years’ experience with installing, configuring, and maintenance of IBM WebSphere Application servers on different UNIX platforms
• Expertise in installing, upgrading, configuring and Troubleshooting IBM WebSphere Application Server on AIX, Linux, Sun Solaris and Windows Platforms.
• 5+ years’ experience writing shell scripts to manage complex automation/administration.
• Establishing WAS - MQ connectivity by configuring JMS settings and debugging issues related to WAS- MQ connectivity issues.
• Experience with configuration of MQ series objects such as Queue Manager, Queue, Channels and Transmission Queue
• Involved in the maintenance activities of Redhat Linux Servers like security patching, disk space issues, upgrades.
• F5 Load Balancers for creation of VIP and configured load balancing policies for the load balanced members.
• Experienced in applying fix/refresh packs for WebSphere Application Server, IHS, App client, generate and propagate Webserver Plugins for IHS (6.x/7.0/8.x).
• Experience in working with logs, traces and messages using tools such as Log Analyzer, Resource Analyzer and Admin Console.
• DevOps tools (GIT, Jenkins, Udeploy, Ansible)
• Experience in Dynatrace monitoring tool
• Demonstrated ability to complete projects in deadline oriented environments.
• Capable of quickly learning and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team
• Critical thinker and good problem-solver
Nice to have:
Education: BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related IT field or equivalent combination of experience and education
What CGI Offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
Websphere Application Server
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.