CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Java Lead - Architect in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Java Lead - Architect
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking an accomplished Java Lead – Architect to join our Banking Group in the Great Lakes business unit at our client site in Pittsburgh, PA. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role and work in one of our most significant and highly visible teams!
We offer a full-time opportunity that includes a complete benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for sound and high quality technical deliverables.
• Analyze, quantize and estimate the amount of work for every sprint or release.
• Understand the requirements, current state architecture of the enterprise and create roadmap for the future enhancements accordingly.
• Create Software Architecture documents, High Level and Low Level Design documents, and non- functional requirements for the project.
• Work in an Agile environment and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
• Work closely with BA/QA team members to create test plans, and ensure that the issues are properly identified, fixed and tested.
• Groom the team and develop applications with customer centric ideas and innovation. Help the team attain a benchmark within the organization for others to follow and achieve.
• Mentor and guide the team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience building Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions, including Java frameworks, including Spring, JSF, and Hibernate.
• Experience developing and consuming SOAP and REST web services for an operational/production environment
• Experience with Java technologies and frameworks - mainly Spring and Hibernate.
• Knowledge of client side technologies such as Node JS, Angular JS, Angular 2+, Backbone JS or Cordova.
• Strong knowledge of application architecture and an ability to provide solutions to improve efficiency.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams in an Agile environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Java: 7+ years
Spring Framework: 3+ years
Rest API’s: 3+ years
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.