CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. DevOps Engineer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US United States
Position ID: J0921-0973
Employment Type: Full Time
This is an exciting DevOps Engineer opportunity, which requires an individual with the ability to work in a dynamic environment supporting multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is able to quickly adapt to often new and complicated technical concepts and will work closely with other technical (e.g., application, infrastructure, CM) and functional teams to provide Configuration Management and technical support for CGI’s Advantage® ERP Product Development team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities include the installation and configuration of various proprietary, commercial, and open-source application software products and support of the Advantage Product teams and Client engagement teams. The candidate’s primary function will be to support development teams in a Configuration Management and Database Administrator capacity, helping to apply the CI/CB/CD methodologies via our DevOps processes and tools, as well as troubleshoot when issues arise. In addition, on an as-needed basis, the candidate will provide support to client engagement teams to help perform installation of the Advantage products, potentially on-site. Each new implementation or upgrade, while based on the CGI managed services model and defined standards, must align to the client's unique business needs, which provides opportunities and challenges in order to meet client needs
For this role, CGI is looking for an individual with 3-5 years of experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tiered, multi-platform, integrated systems; excellent problem solving skills; a strong work ethic that takes full ownership of assignments; capable of meeting target dates and being very responsive to requests for assistance; and the ability to effectively work with other geographically distributed team members and other teams. This position has minimal travel requirements, potentially a few times a year for team meetings/training or for direct client support.
This CGI organization operates a high-quality delivery model and the candidate is expected to perform at “meets” or “exceeds” levels within that context for all deliverables. The Advantage program is presently engaged in DevOps and internal process improvement initiatives, and the candidate will be an active agile participant in the implementation and utilization of the DevOps toolset. The candidate will report to one of the DevSecOps and Transition Services – Product Owners and be responsible for the following:
• Follow standards for software installation and configuration, striving for consistency, repeatability, and scalability across the portfolio. Provide input towards the enhancement of processes and standards and supporting the organization’s DevOps initiative.
• Work across multiple teams within CGI to compile and build patches necessary to deploy to the internal CGI or client solutions in support of our Advantage ERP suite.
• Develop and maintain automated, stable, repeatable Configuration Management guidelines and processes required to support the DevOps process including code builds and deployment.
• Troubleshoot, advise, and resolve application configuration management issues that users experience using the DevOps toolkit.
• Troubleshoot database issues in support of any of the supported internal facing regions, working with developers and other stakeholders as required to identify and resolve the issue.
• Ability to work flexible hours as determined by project and/or team needs in support of client and service level agreement (SLA) requirements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 4yr college degree in a technical field or 3-5yrs of related experience
• 3-5 years of experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server databases and DDL/DML language.
• 3-5 years of experience with configuration management or the CI/CB/CD concepts of DevOps.
• Strong problem solving skills, able to find solutions/alternatives within the constraints of the organization, and then provide documentation of the solution for future reference.
• Solid organizational skills and excellent attention to detail and quality.
• (Bonus/Preferred) Understanding of, and experience with relational database environments with agile/scrum/DevOps methodology
• (Bonus/Preferred) Understanding of and functioning within Kubernetes and container environments.
• (Bonus) Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, CAST, Sealights, and/or Atlassian Suite
• (Bonus) Ability to travel and perform tasks at client site on rare occasion
• (Bonus) Experience within the Azure cloud
• Ability to create, understand, and maintain detailed technical documentation.
• Strong problem solving skills in a complex, multi-tiered integrated environment with the ability to understand the inter-relationship between the various components and layers.
• Ability to work in non-conventional environment with virtual CGI and client teams spanning time zones across the U.S. and India.
• Independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in this geographically distributed team work environment.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to work synergistically with members from multiple teams and cultures.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $75,000-$100,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.