CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Position ID: J0620-1516
Employment Type: Full Time
The best version of us starts with you. And the best version of you starts here.
CGI helps clients take an enterprise approach to accelerate and maximize their return on technology investments through relevant applied innovation.
We are looking for an exceptional Business System Analyst (BSA) to join our team! This role will act as a liaison between the Business Function and Information Systems, and provide technical/functional expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems of a large custom Java ERP-type system. The BSA will be the liaison representing a specific department and processes; as well as gathering business specifications and requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats, design new computer programs by analyzing requirements;
• Create workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
• Improve systems and processes by reviewing current practices and recommending improvements that drive efficiencies.
• Create and maintain documentation
• Prepare technical reports , cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses
• Create and maintain user stories from prioritized backlog of program features, provide team with necessary clarification for story estimates, story priorities, story sequencing and team objectives in preparation for program Increment planning.
• Participate in daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning meetings, demos, sprint retrospectives, backlog grooming sessions, and Program Incrementing planning events as appropriate
• Develop and document the test plans for the solutions produced and facilitate the testing sessions (UAT and End to End testing) required to ensure these solutions function correctly and meet all planned expectations.
• Participate in team iterations demos and reviews to ensure solutions meet the business requirements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience with distributed teams
• Ability train/coach for other business analysts
• 4+ years of business analyst, project manager, systems analyst or similar in a technical environment
• Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, verification, and methodology development
• Comfortable in an Agile environment
• Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills Ability to work with and guide users in a functional design capacity.
• Advanced user of MS Project, Visio or similar tool
• Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint
• Exposure to Java
• Background as Java developers is a plus
• Experience within a SAFe environment is a plus.
- Agile Business Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.