CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Big Data Support Engineer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Big Data Support Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Big Data Support Engineer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US United States
Position ID: J0921-3011
Employment Type: Full Time
In this role, you will be working on a complex payment processing application that will provide an opportunity to expand your technical and domain skills in the payments domain. The role offers a challenging environment with an exposure to work directly with client on various aspects of payments processing that involves interacting with multiple teams, utilizing multiple technologies and supporting an application which provides a high visibility to your contributions. The job offers opportunities to work on analysing complex system issues, working with vendors and witnessing real payment processing in a banking domain. The role requires strong interpersonal skills, high competency, and ability to quickly adapt and contribute to a continually changing application.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Working on developing and providing support for application built using Java\J2EE.
o Analyze application logs and understand cause of underlying exceptions
o Debug existing code to identify issues and identify optimal resolution/fixes.
o Work with Vendors to provide logs, report failures and articulate issues clearly.
o Write Java API’s, programs to automate reconciliations and generate reports.
o Perform Java application EAR/WAR deploys on a WebSphere server using Deploy tools.
o Troubleshoot issues during deploys and server restarts and engage required teams.
• Level 3 application support
o On-call Rotation on weekly basis to perform day to day activities
o Receiving and Acknowledging tickets with SLA
o Incident priority assessment, triaging and resolution within resolution SLA’s
o Application monitoring and preventive maintenance
o Health Checks and Status reporting on Daily basis
• Incident and problem management
o Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex production application defects involving GPP
o Identify root cause and devise and implement permanent solutions to recurring defects
o Work with GPP Vendors in creating defects and providing traces, issue recreation steps.
• Understand the overall End to End Banking application framework and application interactions.
• Understand data processing and scheduling.
• Work on UNIX platform to perform issue triages, create scripts for automation.
• Analyze monitoring tools for High memory utilization, CPU utilization and analyze heap dumps.
• Extensively use SQL to write queries, analyze slow queries in prod and perform optimization.
• Participate and support application upgrades / patches, infrastructure maintenance validation
• Identify and Propose process improvements and application monitoring enhancements.
• Support disaster recovery and business resiliency testing / validation.
• Assist clients in Audit reviews and to produce Audit related reports.
• Support Risk management (vulnerabilities, patches)
• Monitor production jobs, environments using monitoring tools.
• Code new programs to create reports, automate reconciliation, or enhance existing programs and integrate packaged vendor solutions with existing systems.
• Document, test (unit and integration), implements and provide on-going support for the applications.
Follow SDLC standards, source code management, and release management procedures.
The project team needs a Big Data Engineer with below skillset.
• Experience supporting Hadoop/Big Data implementations.
• Experience with support, patching of medium to large installations of Hadoop clusters.
• Experience in Hadoop Cluster installation, configuration, and security administration.
• Knowledge of HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Zookeeper, Yarn, Ambari
• Experience in Spark, Python, Scala.
• Experience in Kafka, data and log pipelines.
• Experience in RDBMS (Oracle, Teradata. SQL Server)
• Experience with troubleshooting distributed application deployed on the stack.
• Prepare Guides and collaborate with development teams through the design, build, and implementation phases of system deployments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
5+ years of experience as a Developer & Support working on Big Data Applications.
Extensive knowledge of Cloudera distribution of Hadoop.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and willing to learn and contribute in other areas of project.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
HDFS, Hive, Impala
Spark, PySpark, Scala/ Python
Oracle/ Teradata/ SQL Server
UNIX, Shell scripting
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Informatica, SSIS, CA7 Scheduling, IBM Connect Direct
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Hadoop Ecosystem (HDFS)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.