CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Big Data Architect in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Big Data Architect
Find similar career opportunities
Big Data Architect
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Position ID: J0419-1008
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a talented, Big Data Architect who has a passion for solving problems to join our team in Pittsburgh, PA and Cleveland, OH. At CGI, you get to build solutions as a full time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission critical project working with smart, dedicated people like yourself, and making an impact with both internal and client stakeholders. Take your talents to a company that inspires personal and professional growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Drive information strategy and analysis engagements for clients’ business groups
• Big Data Architecture, Information and Business Intelligence strategy engagement experience in banking domain
• Solution architecture experience in translating business needs and vision into roadmap, project deliverables and organization strategy
• Delivery lead and lead developer for all big data projects. Ability to lead from technology perspective on big data technologies like Apache Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Oozie, Kafka and Spark.
• Knowledge of data science, machine learning and statistical modeling techniques in banking domain
• Work closely with the model development group to understand and meet business needs through the appropriate design and implementation of the model(s)
• Deep understanding of rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to business leaders
• Provide technical leadership to project team to perform design to deployment related activities, provide guidance, perform reviews, prevent and resolve technical issues
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience in Big data architecture, Data warehouse and application development in a technical lead/ architect capacity
• Programming skills in Big data ecosystem including Apache Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Oozie, Kafka and Spark
• Experience in understanding data processing from Teradata/ Oracle or anySQL database environment
• Analytical techniques including segmentation, cluster analysis, and regression
• Programming experience in Python, Java or Scala
• Agile experience is required with Version One tool expertise
6+ years of advanced experience with
• Hadoop Echo System, Hive, Sqoop
• Solution Architecture, concepts ,standards
Basic understanding of Pig, Flume, hbase, Kafka, Map/Reduce, Scala, Spark, Oozie
Python, Java: 6+ years (Intermediate)
Education: BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related IT field or equivalent combination of experience and education
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.