Main location: United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Position ID: J0723-0187
Employment Type: Full Time
Want to build new possibilities? We’re doing that
CGI is looking for a Data Architect to join the Credit development team our team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, Agile team environment to develop cloud native, micro-service based financial services applications. The Data Architect will work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to analyze, discover, define, document, and drive the data architecture across in one the following domain areas: Collections, Originations, Servicing. The member will develop conceptual, logical and physical data models for relational databases, unstructured/document databases, and event streams.
This career opportunity is open to all locations across the U.S., but the member must be available to work during east coast work hours.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
How you'll make an impact
• Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions for OLTP, OLAP, and NoSQL databases.
• Work with the development team to design, review, and implement data strategies.
• Create, maintain, and optimize logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality, reduced redundancy and improve efficiency.
• Create data cataloging capabilities.
• Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
• Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments. Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
• Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies. Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
• Analyze data flow related challenges across platform component architecture and propose appropriate solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What You'll bring
• 7+ years of experience in data modeling principles/methods across relational, noSQL, and event technologies
• Must be able to produce and document conceptual, logical & physical Data Models
• Working with business owners and technology to provide alignment of requirements, design, and implementation
• Has experience performing implementation review and code reviews
• Experience leveraging data modeling tools to manage and develop models
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required.
• Exposure to cloud native, data engineering design and concepts
• Experienced in designing and implementing various database environments, such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB, etc.
• Familiar with NoSQL databases (MongoDB or others)
• Exposed to Kafka and event streaming technologies
*CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $94,500 - $165,300.
At CGI we call our professionals members to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGIs benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category.
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
•Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.