CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Network Security Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
Network Security Engineer
Find similar career opportunities
Network Security Engineer
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Position ID: J0319-0866
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI has an exciting opportunity for a Network Security Engineer. You will enhance the cyber security posture of civilian and state and local governmental agencies through improved visibility into networks that our clients operate. You will actively identify and mitigate a wide range of cyber risks and will also work closely with a wide variety of commercial, state, and local agencies, learning their mission, priorities, organization and unique challenges. This opportunity will support a dynamic, fast-paced and energetic project.
• The Network Security Engineer will be supporting cyber security clients in the commercial, state and local markets.
• Primary mission of the project is implementing a proactive risk management solution to enhance the customer’s defensive posture.
• Candidate will work with a highly skilled and experienced team focusing on next generation security solutions in both operational and information technology fields.
• Additionally, this individual will serve as a trusted advisor, technical leader and cyber security expert for the organization and drive future growth capabilities from existing engagements.
• This candidate will function as a security advisor and consultant for customers on people, policy, processes and technology issues surrounding security engagements while helping scope and design multi-vendor security solutions for large networks and supporting customers in their risk and threat mitigation solutions.
• Additionally, the Engineer will play a role in the development of additional cyber security offerings to support both emerging and next generation cyber security technologies.to include analytics and cross coordination with other vendors such as firewall and SIEM vendors.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Day-to-day activities include working with customer teams and supporting current tasks and activities.
• Responsibilities include leading customer engineering teams.
• Work closely with customer delivery managers to prioritize daily tasks.
• Participate in technical meetings with customers’ technical specialists.
• Provide Tier 2/3 support for incidents relating to security tools/solutions.
• Continuously improve customers’ security deployments and integrate new technologies and services.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of experience administering Windows, Linux and/or virtual infrastructure to include installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise networks. Candidates with a Master’s degree must have at least 4 years of experience.
• Extensive experience in implementing ForeScout appliances and utilizing, operating, and managing the software.
• Extensive experience in implementing and managing boundary defense technologies to include firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP and other. Specific knowledge of Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco and Fortinet firewall appliances.
• Proven ability to work closely with customer’s network and operations team to resolve issues or security concerns of tools/services.
• Experience with SIEM technologies and managing suite of tools to include Splunk Enterprise Security, QRadar, HP ArcSight and LogRhythm.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance/investigation to start employment.
• Must be able to pass a CGI background check to start employment.
• Security relevant certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security, CEH.
• Understanding of Federal cyber security guidance such as NIST SP 800-37 - Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach and NIST 800-137 - Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) for Federal Information Systems and Organizations.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.