CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. IT Service Management (ITSM) - Sr. Application Developer in Phoenix, Arizona
IT Service Management (ITSM) - Sr. Application Developer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting firms in the world, is in search of a seasoned application support professional with in-depth experience related to IT Service Management (ITSM) systems. As part of the Global Technology Operations (GTO) organization, the selected candidate will leverage existing knowledge by supporting legacy systems while also providing expertise for future expansion into the next generation of modern, flexible, secure, integrated solutions. Since ITSM is critical to the support of IT infrastructure operations, this role will be instrumental throughout the continued, rapid evolution into automated hybrid environments.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide technical, administrative, and functional support for the Remedy AR System, ITSM application suite, mid-tier web and other relate services, including installation, configuration, and ongoing application maintenance.
• Ensure that all ITSM environments are available and performing at expected levels.
• Perform operational support for ITSM applications, such as incident investigation and resolution, standard request fulfillment, and prevention of service interruptions.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for ITSM systems and related environments, including internal initiatives and client services.
• Identify solutions for system defects, enhancements, or integrations, and perform all necessary assessment, development, and deployment activities.
• Provide full support, development, and configuration of IT Service Management processes using workflow and template configuration utilities, including ITSM SRM (Service Request Management), Change approval processes, and Incident templates.
• Manage the system foundation data such as onboarding new clients, users, categorizations, assignment routings, and SLAs, using manual methods as well and data management tools.
• Contribute key technical expertise for evaluation of future solutions, including potential commercial or open source components.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Extensive technical experience in IT Service Management tool implementation, integration, and support
• In-depth hands-on experience with BMC Remedy/ITSM versions 8x/9x in a load balanced environment
• Experience implementing ITSM system integrations, such as AD authentication, LDAP, ticket brokering, using AI or web services
• Ability to support Apache Tomcat
• Knowledge of IT Service Management industry best practices, including ITIL
• Available for after-hours support of major incidents and system changes
• Ability to obtain security clearance
• Strong technical aptitude
• Excellent analytical, organization, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Team oriented
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Computer Science preferred)
Skill Set, Years of Experience, Proficiency Level
• Extensive technical experience in IT Service Management tool implementation, integration, and support, Minimum 8 years, Advanced
• In-depth hands-on experience with BMC Remedy/ITSM versions 8x/9x in a load balanced environment, Minimum 4 years, Advanced
Desired Qualifications/Non-Essential Skills Required
• Experience implementing, integrating, and supporting open source solutions is highly desirable
• Experience with legacy versions of BMC Remedy/ITSM (6x or later)
• Knowledge of other IT Service Management tools, including ServiceNow, IPsoft IPcenter, and JIRA.
• BMC or ITIL certifications are a plus
- IT Service Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.