Housing Inspector – Part Time
Housing Inspector – Part Time
Main location: United States, New Jersey, Paramus
Position ID: J0723-1439
Employment Type: Part Time
CGI Federal, a wholly owned subsidiary of CGI and a federal contractor serving the IT and business processes needs of public housing agencies throughout the US, has an opening for a Housing Inspector. The Housing Inspector will conduct housing inspections in compliance with HUD guidelines.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Monitor, evaluate and document housing conditions of rental assistance clients.
• Ensure that all assigned annual and new units are inspected timely and cited HQS violations
are brought into compliance within given time frames.
• Follow-up on all inspections to determine if required work has been completed properly and
within specified time constraints.
• Educate program participants, appropriate agencies, and the general public entities
concerning HQS and client-specific regulations, policies and procedures.
• Research and respond to inquiries regarding HQS and other inspection related matters.
• Participate effectively within and across teams to solve issues and deliver quality service to
client, owners, agents and participants.
• Accurately document specific information pertaining to each dwelling unit.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the Inspections Supervisor and provide adequate
coverage in other areas as needed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A minimum of 1 year of directly related experience.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Must have access to a reliable vehicle to conduct daily field work and be available from 8:00
AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
• Inspector’s must be able to pay business expenses up front and then will be reimbursed within a
reasonable length of time per CGI's expense policy.
• Knowledge of local building codes, construction methods (new and rehabilitation) and
housing systems (electrical, plumbing, heating).
• Experience in the fields of Public Housing, Real Estate, Building Inspections, Code
Enforcement or the equivalent of education and experience, Licensed Home Inspector
• Must be able to demonstrate diplomacy when dealing with housing applicants, residents,
property owners, real estate agencies and staff.
• Ability to work independently and complete daily assignments.
• Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, as well as effective negotiation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Must be PC literate and able to effectively use MS Word, Excel and Outlook and hand-held
• Must possess a valid driver license, a good driving record and meet all state insurance
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements,
• US citizenship is required.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $33,000 - $54,500.
Human & Social Services (Fed)
Wireless data applications
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.