CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Business Analyst in Owings Mills, Maryland
Sr. Business Analyst
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
The Health and Compliance group at CGI Federal is looking for Business Analysts who can be part of a large team in a dynamic and changing environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working through all phases of the full software development lifecycle. Candidates should also have strong written and verbal communication skills
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with the customer to detail and convert business requirements into system functional, non-functional, and operational requirements
• Develop, maintain, and provide feedback for customer process documentation
• Develop use cases, user stories and scenarios
• Develop process/system flows in a tool such as Visio
• Experience with data mapping and system interfaces
• Able to query databases using SQL and analyze data (comparative analysis, deltas, patterns, etc)
• Support the development of programs, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data
• Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communication
• Works well as a team, as well as individually, at all levels of an organization to obtain knowledge that facilitates problem resolution
• Facilitate group requirements review sessions
• Manage requirements and artifacts in appropriate requirements management tools (JIRA, Confluence, and SharePoint)
• Research background information in order to be more effective and to facilitate understanding of overall program activities
• Support the testing process by providing documentation, researching questions, and providing timely answers
• Keep management informed of progress and solicit assistance when a road block is present
• Maintains confidentially of information as specified by ManTech Information Security Department
• Assure work products comply with established deliverable guidelines including format and content
• All other duties as assigned or directed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience in an Agile environment; SAFe Agile is a plus
• Experience with a variety of requirements elicitation and management techniques
• Experience with a modern requirements management tool such as JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM/Quality Center and SharePoint
• Experience leading analysis activities of other BAs on a software development team
• Experience authoring/editing common software documentation (requirements, interface, workflows, etc.)
• Experience authoring Acceptance Criteria that incorporates data scenarios; using a tool such as FitNesse is a plus.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Must be a self-starter who is well-organized, and detail oriented. The ideal candidate is able to glean knowledge from documentation, process/system flows, existing requirement and testing tools as well as other staff members
• Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to accurately prepare written business correspondence and deliverables that are coherent and grammatically correct.
• Ability to elicit requirements using a variety of techniques, including: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or view points
• Develop User Stories, Acceptance Criteria and Data Scenarios
• Assist with the development of functional specifications (and, possibly, system design specifications)
• Understand technical design specifications
• Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
• Manage expectations that are set with client and communicate when issues/events may affect delivery
• Develop process/system flows in a tool such as Visio.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• SAFe Agile
• Familiarity with the Atlassian suite
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.