CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Full Stack Developer in Owings Mills, Maryland
Senior Full Stack Developer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Full Stack Developer
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0819-1615
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
The Software Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, preferably with some experience within the healthcare industry. The candidate must have hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration and implementation of SOA/Microservice architecture. The ideal candidate will
have a good foundation of the Java, JEE platform, MicroService Architecture, REST, Angular,
Typescript, Web Content Accessibility/USDS, UX, and SQL/data modelling.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast paced environment. The candidate will provide design, and implementation expertise to a cross-functional software development team. The Software Engineer will play a key role of migrating three enterprise applications into a consolidated application which leverages DevOps, cloudcomputing, and data lake / big data technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation web application using software
engineering best practices in the latest technologies
• Single Page Application Front-End (Angular, Sass, Typescript, NodeJS)
• Netflix OSS stack (Eureka, Zuul, etc)
• Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
• DevOps (Jenkins Pipelines, Docker, Groovy, Ansible)
• Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java application integration, java
enterprise services, service oriented architectures, security, business process
management/business rules processing, user experience (UX) and accessibility (Section
508/WCAG/USDS Web Standards).
• Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component, including front-end, business
logic, middleware, or database (SQL and data modeling).
• All other duties as assigned or directed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• 10+ years of experience with full lifecycle development
• 7+ years of experience with Java systems/application analysis & design
• 4+ years of combined experience SOA/Microservice architecture/REST integration
• Experience in an Agile development team, preferably SAFe
• Education and/or formal training may substitute for experience requirement
• U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Experience in building responsive UIs with modern front end technologies (Angular 2+, Sass,
• Excellent knowledge with Java EE, Java generics and concurrent programming.
• Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle), SQL and ORM technologies
• • Preferred experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
• Preferred experience with ATTD and associated technologies (Fitnesse, Junit, Karma/Jasmine)
• Preferred experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
(CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
• Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
• Preferred experience with big data (Cloudera) & Java integration
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.