CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Automation Engineer in NYC, New York
Find similar career opportunities
City: NYC, New York, United States
Position ID: J0719-0082
Employment Type: Contract
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Support the testing of the Banks application software.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain testing infrastructure like test suites, test plans, SQE machines/images, results summary/analysis, etc.
• Participate in writing and maintaining software test plans for new and existing applications with strong cross-functional group collaboration.
• Create and maintain software test cases exercising both positive and negative test paths.
• Develop and plan for execution of procedures necessary for assuring quality of software releases.
• Participate in design review and architectural review meetings and provide SQE perspective.
• Conduct new feature review meetings with developers to develop appropriate test plan and test cases.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to junior SQE engineers in the team.
• Perform test coverage analysis along Development to arrive at gap analysis and thereafter create a risk mitigation plan to resolve the identified gaps.
• Effectively communicate to all stake holders to quickly resolve any issues or questions relating to test creation, execution or the project in general.
• Proactively implement efficient SQE processes in consultation with cross-functional teams.
• Identify change in scope of feature/release and escalate issues as and when needed.
• Participate in test execution, defect analysis and write project test summaries.
• Maintain test cases and all supporting material such as Virtual Machines, files, etc.
• Generate baseline performance metrics of the software and create a load/stress test plan to measure improvements.
• Provide accurate status on daily activities for the assigned release.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Previous experience with the following:
•Selenium Web Driver
• SQL development and PL/SQL coding.
• Software Performance metrics and analysis.
• Gathering and documenting test requirements.
• Create comprehensive software test plans and test cases based on requirements.
Must be able to:
• Demonstrate understanding of systems analysis and design techniques.
• Gather and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
• Education Bachelor s degree in computer science preferred, other degrees will be considered
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.