CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Data Scientist in Newport News, Virginia
Sr. Data Scientist
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Data Scientist
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City: Newport News, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1119-0165
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of a growing team implementing mission-critical solutions for Government customers! If you are ambitious, dedicated and motivated by the chance to implement a GOTS/COTS software solution that will positively impact the United States Army of the 21st century for the foreseeable future; this project promises to deliver and needs your expertise for the near and long-term future.
Team CGI is looking to build a diverse team of functional, technical, and development experts that can work in an AGILE environment to create a unified system that supports the United States Army across the Institutional, Operational, and Self-Development training arenas to maximize soldier readiness.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Develop, refine and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows, best practices and other issues, through statistical modeling experience and technical engineering skills. Identify and utilize appropriate statistical techniques on available data. Analyze and interpret results of new data on existing data resources. Develop best practices for instrumentation and experimentation. Work with SMEs and other team members to develop ontologies and taxonomies and assist process engineers, UX/UI developers and Business Intelligence developers to incorporate the ontologies in their functional areas. Develops approaches and coordinates with SMEs and UX/UI for dashboard designs.
Provide support and expertise in the Design, Build, Test, and Delivery of the system and Enterprise solution for the United States Army. Work within a team to analyze, gather, store, and move key elements of data that is required to support the creation of the system. Ensure ability for linkages of legacy, current, and future data in order to stream-line efficiencies within the system. Provide ability to ensure data integrity for operational use for over 1.5 million users and interface with other Enterprise systems of the United States Army and DoD. Provide means to ensure data used, transferred, stored, is compatible and meets strict U.S. Army protocol and safe guards. Ability to work with the team in the Design, Build, Test, Deliver of the system within an AGILE/SAFe construct. Ability to manipulate the date to conform to the latest 21st century technologies ensuring accurate dashboards, reading, and statistical models that provide intuitive and innovative fields.
• Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
• Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
• Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance is required.
• Master's Degree in Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field and a minimum 15 years of experience
• Experience with developing predictive models for risk assessment arena using large data sets for high transactional volume environment
• Firm understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (i.e., linear regression and decision trees).
• Experience with data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, machine learning, data visualization, data wrangling
• Effective oral and written communications
• Experience with high profile customer systems with a demonstrative record of positive results
Other Desired Experience
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
• Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
• Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
• Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
• Machine Learning
• Linear Algebra and Calculus
• Software Engineering
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.