CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Information Assurance Manager in Newport News, Virginia
Information Assurance Manager
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Information Assurance Manager
City: Newport News, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1119-0656
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of a growing team implementing mission-critical solutions for Government customers! If you are ambitious, dedicated and motivated by the chance to implement a GOTS/COTS software solution that will positively impact the United States Army of the 21st century for the foreseeable future; this project promises to deliver and needs your expertise for the near and long-term future.
Team CGI is looking to build a diverse team of functional, technical, and development experts that can work in an AGILE environment to create a unified system that supports the United States Army across the Institutional, Operational, and Self-Development training arenas to maximize soldier readiness.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The ISSO provides Cybersecurity oversight, guidance and support to the general user IAW the requirements of the PdM ATIS’s Cybersecurity program.
Manages the development, deployment and execution of controls and defenses to ensure the security of company technology and information systems. Analyzes business needs and establishes priorities for protection of critical systems and operational policies. Establishes and implements appropriate standards and criteria for hardware, software, email and web firewall, access and encryption requirements. Evaluates potential business impacts from security breaches and provides strategic and tactical guidance to business decision-makers. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Provide disaster recovery plans and Risk assessment plans. Ensure disaster recovery and risk assessment plans are hand-in-hand to protect system for delivery. Find vulnerabilities and create plans to avoid and recover from them. Coordinate all IA functions. Primary coordination for all RMF and ATO related activities. Ensure compliance with all IA policies and processes. Ensure IAVA compliance. Provide support and expertise in the Design, Build, Test, and Delivery of the ATIS system and Enterprise solution for the United States Army. Work within a team of Functional, Technical, and Developmental experts within an AGILE/SAFe iterative approach to deliver innovative, intuitive, and operationally relevant solutions in the 21st century that support the merging of multiple systems into one system and maintain interface capability with other United States Army and DoD enterprise systems
• Disaster recovery plans require the ability to know current backup and digital maintenance technology and the ability to move quickly. Information assurance managers also identify risks during technology projects for hardware or software upgrades; ability to work in a dynamic and complex environment. Ability to coordinate and collaborate in a 21st century environment.
• Establish guidelines and policies surrounding risk and security
• Audit current and future systems and implement the right security strategy
• Define backup policies and monitor backups for completion and viability
• Supervise IT projects and bring the right security implementation for smooth project management
• Monitor hardware and software for any suspicious behavior or traffic
• Document best practices for security and information assurance based on business and user requirements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship and an Active Secret Clearance is required.
• The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) must have at least 5 years of experience in developing and implementing system information security standards and procedures in a DoD Cyber Security Enterprise Environment.
• The individual must meet DoDD 8570.01 certification requirements for Information Assurance Manager (IAM) Level II. (CAP, GSLC, CISM, CISSP (or Associate)
• The ISSO must have experience in testing, evaluating, ands preparing systems for security certification under National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) for ISSO guidance.
• The ISSO is an IT Level II positon IAW AR 25-2 and hold a NACLC Personnel Security Investigation and maintain eligibility for a Secret clearance in order to perform Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management reporting via SIPRNet.
• The ISSO must maintain a secret clearance in order to comply with and implement policy received from the SIPRNet and the Government ISM.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.