CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Functional Architect in Newport News, Virginia
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Newport News, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1119-0164
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of a growing team implementing mission-critical solutions for Government customers! If you are ambitious, dedicated and motivated by the chance to implement a GOTS/COTS software solution that will positively impact the United States Army of the 21st century for the foreseeable future; this project promises to deliver and needs your expertise for the near and long-term future.
Team CGI is looking to build a diverse team of functional, technical, and development experts that can work in an AGILE environment to create a unified system that supports the United States Army across the Institutional, Operational, and Self-Development training arenas to maximize soldier readiness
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Develop and maintain the programs functional architecture and ensure that it supports all approved requirements. Coordinate with Senior Project and Project leads for project implementation and architectural review. Maintain DoDAF All, CV and OV views. Provide support and expertise in the Design, Build, Test, and Delivery of the system, business processes, and Enterprise solution for the United States Army.
Work within a team of Functional, Technical, and Developmental experts within an AGILE/SAFe iterative approach to deliver innovative, intuitive, and operationally relevant solutions in the 21st century that support the merging of multiple systems into one system and maintain interface capability with other United States Army and DoD enterprise systems. Responsible for solution quality, functional performance, scalability and usability. Provides architectural and “big picture” oversight for the implementation of Enterprise Asset Management. Participates in the pre-sales process, including proposal review and completion, demonstration design and oversight; customer demonstrations; and presentations to clients. Reviews and Prepares project deliverables as needed. Develop and maintain the programs functional architecture and ensure that it supports all approved requirements. Coordinate with Senior Project and Project leads for project implementation and architectural review. Maintain DoDAF All, CV and OV views.
• Provide application design and development lead roles within project teams
• Participate in the development and implementation support as needed
• Works in collaboration with business development, technical resources, developer resources and client teams to ensure the architectural integrity and long term supportability of proposed and implemented solutions
• Perform workshop facilitation, preparation of deliverables, project administration, proposal preparation and sales support
• Conduct Client Interviews as per EMA’s guidelines
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients
• Carry out assessments necessary to plan and design solution to meet client requirements
• Define and communicate guidelines ad principles to implementation teams
• Engaging subject matter experts to deliver a complete solution
• Provides estimates, timelines, resource, plans, designs and testing procedures
• Confer with clients to define functional business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development
• Lead client workshops on training and administration of new programs, applications and databases
• Participate in client meetings
• Written communication skills for writing reports, proposals, lesson plans and workshop materials and corresponding with clients
• Spoken communication skills for interviewing, conflict resolution, standup presentations and persuasion are absolutely crucial
• Decision making skills for applying professional/managerial principles and judgment, within overall direction established by senior management
• Problem solving skills for solving complex technical or strategic problems, applying technology or business processes and approaches in new ways and developing and recommending new alternatives.
• Listen for meaning and use effective communication skills to verify understanding and agreement; ability to interview
• Value and want to work in a business where the primary goal of responding to client needs outweighs all others
• Organize ideas, facts, and skills
• Plan and develop goals
• Understand and apply knowledge of group dynamics and effective team building skills
• Guide workshop planning and execution, conduct data gathering with clients, identify issues, develop workshop approach and write a workshop report
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree with 10 years’ experience in software requirements, design, or architecture.
• Strong understanding of the DoDAF and DoDAF management experience.
• Prior architect and system engineering experience
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Must define the purpose and scope of the technical aspects of an application system or product Experience providing technical leadership within product development projects
• Experience analyze customer needs and development of resultant complex system specifications
• Experience developing product architectures including software, hardware and systems aspects
• Experience leading the definition of software solutions and platform
• Experience guiding workshop planning and execution, conduct data gathering with clients, identify issues, develop workshop approach
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.