CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Power Builder Developer in Newark, New Jersey
Power Builder Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Power Builder Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Newark, New Jersey, US United States
Position ID: J1021-1879
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking candidates for a Senior Software Engineer (Power Builder) position within our US East BU. The Group leverages the transformative potential of IT to partner with state and local regulatory agencies to make government processes more efficient through business process re-engineering, workflow automation, systems integration, and enhanced business intelligence. Our Software Engineers are responsible for providing the technical insight necessary to help our clients address challenges and achieve goals.
A successful Software Engineer at CGI’s possesses a sound understanding of technical best practices and, above all else, a demonstrable passion for technology and its ability to solve difficult government challenges. While technical knowledge/expertise is important, our Software Engineers must also demonstrate the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work with a team professionals with cross functional skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide input on project related technical matters, including development approaches, ad hoc technical issues and questions on environment and technical specifications
• Take complete ownership of his or her development work
• Provide development estimates
• Work with functional staff to establish and clarify requirements
• Participate and contribute to Backlog refinement and Sprint Planning
• The Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining both new and existing applications.
• Whether troubleshooting a software defect, enhancing an existing application or developing a new solution you should be able to dig into frameworks and libraries to deliver coherent solutions in line with the overall architecture of the application landscape.
• The successful candidate will be a member of a high-performing multi-site agile team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
• The successful candidate must have demonstrated effective communication skills.
• Demonstrates ability to solve complex problems
• Demonstrates ability to develop software with minimal defects
• Demonstrates ability to develop software with minimal oversight
• Demonstrates ability to find and fix bugs in existing software
• Demonstrates ability to work with teams
• Demonstrates working knowledge of Agile Development
• Demonstrates ability to develop software according to best practices
• Demonstrates ability to develop software per the optimal solution
• Demonstrates ability to adopt and learn new skills
• Demonstrates ability to perform well under pressure
• Demonstrates ability to clearly communicate Scope Creep and schedule slippage to the technical lead and project manager
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of business requirements
• Demonstrates ability to work effectively with functional staff to establish and clarify requirements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Candidates with 8+ years of experience in IT industry as business analyst with following skillets:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
• 8+ years of working knowledge in any of the following object oriented programming languages:
o C+o Java
• 8+ years of working knowledge with Power Builder
• 8+ years of working knowledge with SQL queries
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• Solid understanding of designing web User Interface
• Basic understanding of AJAX, JQuery, HTML5 and Bootstrap
• Experience understanding of PLSQL
• Experience with User Interface Design.
• Experience with Agile methodology.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.