CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Lead- NYC in New York, New York
Technical Lead- NYC
Find similar career opportunities
Technical Lead- NYC
City: New York, New York, United States
Position ID: J0119-1855
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The selected candidate will join a large housing inventory and case management program that integrates with over 12 enterprise applications.
The ideal candidate is looking to join a global technology leader and want to join a winning team to grow yourself and your career. You are eager to face challenges and truly embrace modern cloud-ready technologies while building large and complex applications. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands into the architecture and code, mentoring junior developers to help management build an award winning team.
• Develop solution architectures for new enhancements, systems, and technologies.
• Analyze options for system and technology gaps and issues in the current solutions.
• Diagnose application, infrastructure, and technology issues using various resources; define an appropriate solution; support the resolution; and document the incident record.
• Continuously identify and escalate any risks to product solution, quality, staffing and/or delivery commitments so they can be acted upon in timely manner.
• Participate in sprint and system demos for agile teams to maintain a pulse on product progress and interdependencies throughout the lifecycle. Identify and offer suggestions for improvement.
• Participate in quality validation exercises, including subsystem assessment reviews and/or exploratory testing efforts to continuously keep a pulse on product quality and identify areas for adjustment early in the process.
• Mentor developers and other technical resources to enable them to
o learn the ins and outs of the software and how our customers do business,
o provide assistance in managing trade-offs and assessing user or system impact, and
o promote adherence to design standards and processes to promote quality.
The new solution will be the center of a “Ecosystem” of multiple system integration points to meet the following objectives:
• Provide a central comprehensive management system to track specific program and business needs.
• Produce required reports and key performance indicators.
• Utilize advanced analytics and selection logic to best meet a customer requests.
• Integrate with other existing technologies as part of the "Ecosystem."
Foundationally the system will be built with the following high level tools / technologies:
• Web Application User Interface: Angular 5 + Bootstrap
• Backend: .NET Core 2.0 / REST
• Workflow and Rules Engine: Decisions
• System Integrations: RabbitMQ, IBM ESB
• JIRA, Bitbucket, Web Services, ETL
Your future duties and responsibilities:
CGI Technical Lead will responsible for the effective delivery of a modern system / solution leveraging traditional waterfall methodology with a transition to Agile.
• Assign development responsibilities to developers
• Review code quality and fit to requirements
• Drive quality releases on-time in accordance to project schedule
CGI Technical Lead will be responsible for validating and understanding the business and technical requirements of the project and collaborating with the project team to design and build the system according to the technical specifications.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The Technical Lead should have experience working with complex workflows and business rules and an understanding of system integration needs from an analyst viewpoint.
The Technical Lead should be experienced working within a .Net Core 2.0 and later environment and be an expert in working with all aspects of the technical architecture.
Excellent technical leadership experience, excellent communication skills, ability to work closely with executive level customers, dedication to the successful delivery within tight timelines, and ability to work with an onshore remote delivery team by leveraging both traditional and Agile project management methodologies. Understanding of the technologies to be used.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.