CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Analyst in New York, New York
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: New York, New York, US United States
Position ID: J1021-3305
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Technical Analyst within CGI’s Payments team, you will work in support of CGI’s Payments Processing Solution ‘CGI All Payments’, supporting world-wide payment networks including: FedWire, CHIPS, TCH RTP, ACH, EFT, and SWIFT. As a Technical Analyst, you will have an active role in multiple implementation projects and will work closely with CGI’s customers and project teams to translate and map business and product requirements into technical specifications for the onward use of development teams.
You will become member of a highly effective, multi-national team, where your work will directly contribute to the future design and success of CGI All Payments. Position location is flexible but should be in proximity to a CGI office.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a member of our team, you will work on multiple projects worldwide, implementing the CGI All Payments Solution with Banks and other Financial Institutions. Your role will require communication and interaction with representatives of the client, as well as, internal SMEs, product developers, and testers, to ensure that product requirements are correctly translated and mapped to technical specifications, useable by members of the development team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Learn respective technical industry standards used in various countries and markets
• Gathering and assessment of customer requirements
• Compose and update technical specifications
• Design of functional and integration changes/extensions
• Produce various technical documentation artefacts, including automated/scripted reports from databases
• Lead and participate in both internal team meetings and client facing workshops
• Cooperation with colleagues working on the other parts of the project lifecycle (e.g. development, testing)
• Direct communication with customers
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• SQL – understanding of code, ability to write SQL queries (joins, analytical functions, DB views, sub-queries, WITH clause)
• Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, including basic VBA and practical experience with writing and using Excel for database-based reporting
• Familiarity with modern application architecture and integration patterns
• Knowledge of data modelling and basic UML Modeling (class model, state machine, activity diagram, use-case diagram)
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
• Banking/financial industry knowledge, specifically payment processing including respective industry standards (SWIFT, ISO20022, FED, ACH etc.)
• Experience with product analysis and design, ideally in banking/financial sector
• Experience of software development (Java EE, Oracle) – including the ability to read and understand application code
• Experience with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect tool or other UML-based case tool
• Familiarity with trends in the fin-tech sector
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84,000-$130,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
UML (Unified ModelingLanguage)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.