CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Full Stack Java Developer in New York, New York
Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
City: New York, New York, United States
Position ID: J0719-2384
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Developing a modern and scalable Enterprise Integration solution by designing and writing code in an Agile development methodology.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Working with team to understand business requirements and translate it to a solution through an iterative mindset starting with a MVP.
• Working closely with the Architect to adhere to best practices, coding conventions and platform, as well as provide feedback.
• Proactively consider and adhere to non-functional requirements, specifically high availability, resiliency, scalability, and data consistency.
• Help in the evaluation of toolkits and tech stack elements considering ease of maintenance, scalability and stability
• Participate in determining testing strategy and execution of test cases
• Design and develop Proof-of-Concept solutions for new features
• Develop and test solutions to work with Container technologies - Docker and Kubernetes
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6-8 Years of Java/J2EE development experience
• Java 8, Java Persistence, Multi-threading, Enterprise Integration Patterns, Microservices Architecture
• RESTful web services and Integration techniques
• Deployment experience with Cloud infrastructure - OpenShift Container Platform (with Azure and AWS)
• Developing solutions/APIs/microservices with Kafka, Hazelcast, MongoDB, Spark Streaming (or Flink/Storm)
• Spring Framework, Hibernate, JPA, Spring Boot
• AngularJS, ReactJS, Bootstrap and Node.js
• At least one NoSQL Database - preferably MongoDB
• Proficient with Oracle Database to interpret complex PL/SQLs
• Experience in developing test automations using API testing and/or BDD testing with REST assured, JMeter, Selenium
• SDLC tool chain including Maven, BitBucket, Sonar, TeamCity, Artifactory, uDeploy
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.