CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SAFe Program Coach in New York, New York
SAFe Program Coach
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:New York, New York, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI is seeking to hire a SAFe Program Coach in the NYC Area. This is a a great opportunity for an Agile Coach that has a desire to work at the team level and potentially program level. As part of the team you will help us bring consistency to our agile scrum teams and program. In this position, you will coach teams at the program level to local and distributed teams. You will support clients using a variety of agile approaches in the context of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). You will coach teams at different levels of maturity; across portfolios, programs and development teams. You will partner with leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities for implementing Agile to achieve the goals of the Portfolio Programs and Projects
Your future duties and responsibilities:
A critical component of this role is detailed knowledge of the application of agile practices and principles and experience with metrics to effectively measure: execution, performance, benefits and value. This position requires deep knowledge and experience with agile and to be able to inspect and adapt thinking/ practices to various situations as an Agile Coach.
• Team Level coach with some Program level experience.
• You are expected to coach across the program layer (e.g., breakdown of epic to features, stand up of systems teams, product management, etc.) and to maintain portfolio and team level execution alignment. You will coach between 2 to 6 teams and you will provide direction and support to coaches across multiple teams.
• In order to ensure consistency of practices, you will use the Agile CoE assets such as agile training, playbooks, assessments, etc. You will also use the Agile CoE playbooks to measure program progress and track criteria to self-sufficiency. You will also be responsible to deliver and drive the Agile CoE’s processes and methodologies to the IT community
• The person in this role will coach teams on how to set up and leverage agile tool for epic/feature/stories and inward and outward reporting. In addition, this person will leverage the tool for PI planning and dependency tracking.
• The selected candidate will support Community of Practice (CoP) by actively engaging and contributing to best practices.
• Will be an agile evangelist of agile ceremonies, practices and values
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years of IT experience.
• 3+ years of agile coaching experience, including programs with offshore and distributed teams.
• Experience coaching in highly matrixed organizations including highly diverse technology environments (e.g., Java, .Net, Mainframe, Cloud Services, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to coach one or more Release Trains or coaching programs of at least 100 people.
• Excellent facilitation and written and verbal skills.
• One or more Agile certifications (e.g., CSM, CSPO, CSP, PSM, PSPO) required. SAFe certifications (SA, SP, SPC) highly desirable.
• Experience with several agile project management tools (Jira, Rally, VersionOne, etc)
• Minimum 5 years of experience supporting business information/data management initiatives with a focus on new development.
• Experience in the health insurance industry is strongly preferred.
• Ability to present analysis and findings in business context. Experience working with a cross-functional team to implement a key strategic project / enhancements.
• Depending upon the need, ability to act in different capacities for various tasks and projects.
• Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills.
• Highly knowledgeable in data warehousing concepts and technologies.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.